Which recorder(s) do you currently use?

Started by 64Guitars, June 03, 2009, 02:00:09 PM

Tangled Wires

Quote from: 64Guitars on May 02, 2014, 11:42:28 AMAnd a great source of spare parts, such as the headphone jack.

Now why didn't I think of that  ??? ???

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Tangled Wires

Quote from: Redler on May 02, 2014, 10:03:20 AMWere they new or second hand recorders? Currently, I have two MBRs and Päivi uses the newer.

My original was brought back in 2007 and was brand new. It's replacement was also new, however the third one I brought was second hand off a friend who never got to grips with it.

Still see plenty of used MBR's on Ebay Kari that look in pretty good nick.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Redler

My first MBR turned 5 years a few weeks ago :D
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Tangled Wires

Battered looking Micro BR's are truly a thing of beauty :)

recorder
Boss Micro BR

henwrench

Quote from: Tangled Wires on May 04, 2014, 12:52:30 PMBattered looking Micro BR's are truly a thing of beauty :)

Yep, but battered fish looks better... :D

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ted

Quote from: Tangled Wires on May 02, 2014, 06:13:31 AMMy original Micro BR broke after I dropped it and smash the display screen, and since then I have purchased two more.

I too still have my original MBR after I zapped it with the wrong adapter. It's a keeper for spare parts, if I ever need them.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

SteveB

Well I know this is an old thread, but it does seem the right place to give a shout-out to this old beast of a machine. It's been boxed-up for a few years, and recently I gave it freedom with the intention of perhaps recording new stuff, and everything has worked perfectly. Well done Boss. And now that the rain has finally stopped in this part of the U.K., I've brought it in from the Man-Cave to see if I can get an acoustic guitar laid down. I think I bought this new in about 2006, but it hasn't shown any sign of wear as yet – I believe the 'sticky-buttons' come first. I'll keep a watch on things.  8)

I've literally forgotten how to attach an image properly. I'll plod on.

The machine by the way is the BR1200.
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

StephenM

old threads are good threads... most folks record on DAW now but I record still on decks... currently the Zoom L-20... a wonderful tool but not really made as a multitrack recorder.  It was designed to be a mixer for a band that allows you to record 16 mono and 2 stereo tracks all at the same time.  You can record multitrack one at a time.  There is no bouncing etc.  The only way to move tracks around is to export the file to a usb storage and back into the recorder.
I would say it is a very good mixer although it does not have the ability to send mixes to stage and inputs from the stage via cat cable like most more expensive modern mixers do... NO one uses snakes anymore... it's all cat cable etc.  For what I do though I love it...

I still use my BR 1600 for guitar and bass and drum (once in a while) patches... I love some of the sounds inside.  I recorded alot of songs on the BR and I had 2 of them synched together which works well... however it got to where I could not get files off the thing anymore... the old tech inside doesn't like talking to newer computers... the other bugger is the mic preamps are just not very good imo...
so when I use it now I send out analog to my zoom and record there...lol..

and I have a Zoom R24 which to me is an amazing tool for musicians who record or songwriters... can run on 6 AA batteries.... can be used as a mixer live in a pinch...(not the greatest thing)... but it is a very powerful multitrack recorder that has lots of bells and whistles and is small and light and has onboard condenser mics which do a very good job... I think if you wanted a really nice small versatile recorder this is the one to get...

I do alot of mixing on DAW but I don't record on DAW... just never have yet... I have had problems getting my devices to be seen with the software... so I just take the files off and put them on the computer and upload them...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner