Which recorder(s) do you currently use?

Started by 64Guitars, June 03, 2009, 02:00:09 PM

64Guitars

Since this site now covers much more than the Micro BR, I thought it would be interesting to run an ongoing poll of which recorders the members are currently using. Please cast your vote above. You can select more than one recorder, but please only select the ones that you actually use (not the ones that are buried under a bunch of junk in a closet and haven't been used in years, or the 4-track cassette you sold 20 years ago). You're allowed to change your vote later, in case you make a mistake and don't notice it right away.

I hope everyone will participate in this poll. It's very easy to do, so there's no reason not to cast your vote.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

hewhoiscalledj

i still use my Boss MicroBR for recording jam sessions and band rehearsals, songwriting and just plain jammin' along with the drum patterns for warm ups and practice.

i'm in the process of learning how to use Logic as my software DAW along with a Tascam FW1884 interface/controller to record a full album for my band. this will probably take a few months at the rate we are going but it's worth it. considering how much more complicated this method is turning out to be, i have to say that i truly love my Boss MicroBR that much more for its simplicity and raw sexiness.

Bluesberry

microBR and BR-1200 for me.  These two are all I use (no computers involved at all).  After getting the BR-1200 I realize just how sophisticated and powerful the microBR is.  It just takes more frigging around to get it done but it can do just about everything that you can do on the BR-1200 with a bit more time and patience.  I love them both and use them both a lot. (all of the Neilfest posts from me have been microBR for example)

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Kody

It all started with my Boss BR900cd, then I got Mackie Tracktion3 because it was cheap and I'm obsessive...Then hearing the stuff people were coming up with on the MBR~ I had to get one, not that I needed it or could afford it(but I use it all the time)....I also have Cubase that came with my Alesis Firewire mixer, but I never use it...Last, but certainly not least, the good ol', FREE Audacity....I have to include it because I use it so often..
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

JasonBR864

Boss BR864 for me and occasionally my friend lets me record with his Micro BR. I'm Impressed with both at the vast array of gadgets but i find they are not easy to use for noobies.

Ted

In addition to my Micro BR, I have GarageBand.  I even bought the Dummies book for Garageband--but I can't bring myself to dive in.  The Micro BR gets me away from the cursed computer, and GarageBand would pull me back in.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

SteveB

I mean, basically on these machines, you've got everything you're almost ever gonna need as a home-musician/recordist. Beyond the BR range, and esp the top-end, you'd be as well paying for a studio. Stay at home, have some fun. Imagine what these things would have cost you 25 years ago - and then you really would have only found them in a studio.
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

Diego Ayala

Looks like stats show that the microbr's are taking over the world...  Just started listening to some of the other posts under the other br units - wow!  This is an incredible forum - so much music out there~~~  I am having fun with my br900, but Tammy will start wondering if I'm spending this time @ the pc/br900/brforum with music or looking @ some naughty sites - ha!

SteveG

MBR and software DAW....looks like I am in the majority here :)

lg

I just recently purchased the MBR, and I love it!
I'm still learning how to use it correctly....
Also, I use Audacity alot.

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!