For Beatles Fans - You HAVE to see this....

Started by Greeny, June 03, 2009, 11:04:49 AM

Migs

Quote from: Ted on September 09, 2009, 03:45:52 PMOne of my best friends is a Beatlemaniac, and is also very anti-video games.

I want to buy this just to watch his head explode.

Cruel.  Oh, so cruel... but I love it.

Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

Saijinn Maas

Quote from: launched on September 09, 2009, 04:16:39 PM
Quote from: Bosko Schwartz on September 09, 2009, 01:28:51 PMAnyone else get the game???

I recently got my ass kicked by a 9 year old girl playing Wii boxing - My status went from the revered Uncle Marky Mark to "Looooosah!!".

How do you pick yourself up after a disaster like that...

That's easy... You pretend you LET them win! That's what I do with my nephews.  ;D

launched

Quote from: Saijinn Maas on September 09, 2009, 04:24:29 PM
Quote from: Bosko Schwartz on September 09, 2009, 01:28:51 PMAnyone else get the game???

I recently got my ass kicked by a 9 year old girl playing Wii boxing - My status went from the revered Uncle Marky Mark to "Looooosah!!".

That's easy... You pretend you LET them win! That's what I do with my nephews.  ;D

I think my cover's been blown on the boxing, but I'll remember this sound advice for the other kazillion games I haven't played yet...
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

OsCKilO

Quote from: launched on September 09, 2009, 04:40:55 PM
Quote from: Saijinn Maas on September 09, 2009, 04:24:29 PM

I think my cover's been blown on the boxing, but I'll remember this sound advice for the other kazillion games I haven't played yet...

I'm Lucky I was Born in the 80's......

I'm waiting for my boy to ask for his first games console..........

Perfect excuse to own one again........

The E.M.O looked down on me for playing on them......

Got rid of the PS2 and picked up my guitar.....

2011 and he should start asking for one.........

I cant Wait!!!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

OsCKilO

I have never liked the Guitar hero stuff.......

I feel like I will forget how to play Guitar if I give in to it's call.........

I would rather watch someone else play it and listen to the Tunes.......

Is it remastered stuff?

Sounds awesome.....

Does Ringo sing?

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Bosko Schwartz

I used to feel that way too, until this game came out.  If you dig The Beatles, it's a must-have.  I believe all the versions of the music in this game are the same re-mastered versions of the Beatles' catalogue that was just released today.  You don't have to choose between a guitar and video games -- you can have them both!  I used to be a huge gamer (still play every so often) and I still managed to finish my album.  As for watching someone else do it, that's cool too because the visuals in the game are incredible.  It's a must-have, if you ask me. ;D
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

Geir

ahhhhhh

getting a new mutation of the GAS virus

Game Acquisition Syndrome
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Bosko Schwartz

Quote from: osckilo on September 09, 2009, 08:27:08 PMDoes Ringo sing?

Yes, of course Ringo sings!  They all do! ;D

They made a point to include songs from every member.  Singing is probably the most fun part.  It's kind of like Beatles-only karaoke.
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

Ted

Quote from: osckilo on September 09, 2009, 08:27:08 PMI have never liked the Guitar hero stuff.......

I feel like I will forget how to play Guitar if I give in to it's call.........

I know a guitar teacher at a local music center who uses Guitar Hero to convince his younger students to pay attention to rhythm.  He's in his late 30's and he says that his students wake up when he kicks their butts.

We have Rock Band.  I've noticed that a lot of players play only with their eyes--responding only to the screen and not to the music.  I bet my stepson that I could get a better score playing drums blind (not looking at the screen) than he could get playing deaf (not hearing the music).  I beat him--making the point (I hope) that you have to feel the music to even pretend to play music well.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Tangled Wires

I have Guitar Hero World Tour at home, which is great fun when you have a group of people over to play it. I guess it can help your rythym and timing to a point.

I actually find the drums more realistic than the guitars in the game.

All in all its a great game, and lots of fun to play.

recorder
Boss Micro BR