Whodunnit ?

Started by DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee, April 06, 2021, 12:39:41 PM

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Whodunnit?
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I wanted to compose a suspenseful, tense but also light soundtrack that reminded me of those old whodunnit movies / tv shows. I used some of my orchestral type vst libraries for this to compose it and my keyboard. Drums were from native instruments.
I realised now perhaps the drums don't fit that well with the orchestral stuff? But I was trying something different :) maybe an edit soon!
Thanks for listening. Darren.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Johnbee

Would fit right into a suspense movie/tv soundtrack.  Sounds to me like you're doing the right thing.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

BerryPatch

Very cool with a strikingly uncanny sound for being all digital. Your arranging chops are truly excellent. Started off a bit horror movie ish but when the drums came in I got a real crime show feel. Great work :)

Ray Brookes

You do these soundscapes so well, Darren and eerie introduction is brilliant; a great use of your virtual instruments. When the drums enter I get a feel of one of those 'noir' spy thrillers full of espionage behind the iron curtain. Fabulous sounding library you have and your arrangements are so tastefully done. Excellent work.
Ray Brookes

cuthbert

Interesting piece! Definitely got a more spooky side along with the more suspenseful-sounding one. I could easily picture this as soundtrack material in a crime or dark film.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Bluesberry

spectacular bit of arranging and playing...outstanding

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

thetworegs

Excellent Darren I also get the spy thriller vibe like an old radio program with Bogart doing the narration

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Ferryman

I really like this a lot. Great arrangement and some wonderful sounds with real tension in the music. Very nicely done indeed.

Drums and orchestral stuff together? Of course it works. Have you never listened to Atom Heart Mother.......? ;) I thought you made the drums work really well on this.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Groundy

Nice one Darren, well done... Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

StephenM

bRiLiAnT work man....it goes crazy places...so indeed it could be used as it...chopped up...weaved in, weaved out... just fantastic....
drums work for me...too short though...
but hell, Ican make this werkferme!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner