Work in progress song but let me know what you think

Started by godinqc, April 03, 2021, 09:50:04 AM

godinqc

Fly away - remastered
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hi,

As mentioned in my last post, I haven't played music in quite a while, but since retirement I started again, but lots to learns, relearning scales, chords progressions etc .. I'm also trying to learn the piano/synth and started to look at Cakewalk to retouch my final mixes.. but it's taking longer than expected ..  :)
Since I'm not a good singer I found this VST called EMvoice (the free version is pretty limited, but that's what I used to generate the voice). I created the song on my BR800 then I added vocals using EMvoice in Cakewalk and remastered the song via Cakewalk .. Let me know what you think, it's still a work in progress , but it's a start .. this Emvoice software is pretty interesting for bad singers like me ..  :)

Any feedback is welcome .. have a great day  :)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

hardlock

Great song! Singing is fine and not being a singer myself will have to look into that method. Nice guitar lead and tone you're getting there as well.
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

kenny mac

Sounds good to me.
I like the way the guitar follows the string part in one section,
Great tone as well on the guitar.
Nice one.

Redler

Fine and bit melanchol song: I like the atmosphere of this. The strings works nicely with solo guitar in the end.

Nice to see a member who "re-join" to the site:)
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

godinqc

Thanks for the feedback .. the EMvoice VST will help me put a voice and lyrics to my songs, I was always limited to instrumental pieces before ..

Have a great day ..
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

launched

Love this tune, and very well performed! I wouldn't worry about vocals, just sing them. Tom Morello sounds like a deaf Bob Dylan and he rocks, so who cares!

More please!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

StephenM

LOVE THE DRUMS .....
the voice sounds really good to me....and I beat myself up over vocals too...but the fact is if you don't practice them as much as guitar, drums, bass, keyboards or whatever guess what?  They won't be as good as they can be....I say this to remind myself...
I would say to you the same thing I think to me....too bad you quit playing for a time because you are really good...but now you have time so no excuses...you know you love playing and that is all that matters....
I'll be listening!!!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

BerryPatch

Fantastic playing and great synth work. Those melodic licks are to die for especially the call and response between the synth. Very cool, moody song as well.

Kenneth

Yes!
Please keep progressing and remembering your talent!
Love the song, and the guitar tone is fantastic.
Keep going!
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

Hilary

Hello - I think it sounds fantastic- you've created a great song here. I think the vocals sound quite altered which adds to the moody feel but I would like to hear it without the VST although I appreciate you seem a little insecure without it.

You are very talented - own it!
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça