Community Immunity

Started by DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee, April 01, 2021, 02:12:15 PM

Ray Brookes

Oh yeah, what a great track! A very serious subject but treated with so much fun and what a fantastic sound. Those vocal harmonies sound so bloody good and the guitar work is stellar. Mixing/production is brilliant, Darren. Excellent stuff.
Ray Brookes

Ted

So much to love: The vocal harmonies, the piano, the guitar solos. There's even a harmonica in there, if I'm not mistaken. But the bass part is really the secret sauce of the whole thing.

I can't help but imagine a Schoolhouse Rock type PSA, with animated characters acting out the lyrics. "Ya gotta wear ya mask and keep ya space / In case someone's breathing into your face" is made to be animated."

Wait. Didn't you say something about a video? BRB.

Okay! That's kind of what I was imagining, but with sock puppets.

The scenes in the video remind me of where I spent the first 7-months of the pandemic (Chandler, Arizona, USA; my aunt's house) – from the walking path, to the closed playground, to the birdcage in the kitchen.

Blackout Bump - week of 31 March, 2021
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

StephenM

I am so glad Ted bumped this because I do not remember the video and that is so much fun... what a great production... the song is great on it's own but the sock puppets just cracked me up to no end...
great team here..

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner