Community Immunity

Started by DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee, April 01, 2021, 02:12:15 PM

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

COMMUNITY IMMUNITY
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This song was written and recorded last April (2020) when the COVID pandemic started. Nothing was clear about it and Some of the scientists on tv were talking about 'herd community" and from that being together we will be immune..a lot of theories were going around at the time. Then of course came all the rules and regulations we had to follow.

Of course we're all used to it now and nobody expected it to be as bad as it was. This song was done at the start before it all went 'mad'. Its a lighthearted song about it all really.
Keith also made a 'video' to go with it..featuring his sock- puppet characters. Here's a link to it on youtube  ;D   Thanks for listening. Darren and keith.

https://youtu.be/Jh1hx9mbd9M

Community Immunity

You step outside to sniff the fresh air
Where there's plenty of germs for us all to share
Ya gotta wear ya mask and keep ya space
In case someone's breathing into your face

You do not touch, 'cos if ya do
What I've got I'm gunna give to you
It's gunna be alright soon
Gunna be alright soon

(CHORUS)

Community immunity...when we're all together
Community immunity...then we'll all feel better
But it's alright now...it's alright now
Community... immunity...

Community, immunity, immunity for you and me (x2)

I picked ya up, when ya came to town
But ya way too heavy and ya brought me down
You leave me now in a gutter of pain
I keep on coughing again and again

I've seen the news with my own two eyes
Panic in the streets and we drop like flies
It's gunna be alright soon
Gunna be alright soon

(Inst break) 

(Chorus)

Lyrics: / music - Kallen& DeeGee @April 2020
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Gritter

Rockin'! Love that 70's glam feel! Catchy anthem...very cool and cheeky. Killer guitar all over this. Great song!

bruno

So I hear hints of EnuffZNuff in this tune, and I love that band! Great tune, fantastic production.
Very cool indeed.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

cuthbert

Fabtastic - love the glam-rock arrangement, and the vocals are really great. Like The Beatles doing glam!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Bluesberry

So good...I was just watching a bunch of Sweet videos and this could have been one of theirs .....very exceptional one of your best so far that you posted up....

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

BerryPatch

Brilliant, power pop perfection! Gotta love those timely lyrics (hopefully things will be back to 'normal' at some point) and the infectious glammy groove is killer. Great riffin and lead work and a real walking bass part. I love it!

Ferryman

Love this. The sound really rocks in a glammy kind of way and the guitars sound great, I love the lead breaks. It's really nicely written with some great chord changes and the vocals and harmonies are top notch. The mix and production is great, you got a great sound going here. And the lyrics are also great fun, it's weird looking back to those early days of the crisis from this vantage point.

I really liked this, and the video is really neat as well.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

StephenM

As difficult as the whole thing has been on so many people I think its a good thing to look on the positive side of things... this is fun...thanks...
I have personally been through my share of absolute crap...poverty and homeless as a child, (no shit..) I learned over time that laughing is better than crying... I did plenty of both...but now I mostly choose the latter....even in the darkest days I find that laughter is the best medicine...and that is not to minimize anyone's suffering...
we all get our share on this planet...

great rockin tune...and yes...we do share the germs...one thing that makes me chuckle more than a bit is the idea that we "are a herd" as in a herd of cattle...geesh...hope not on the way to the slaughter..

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

thetworegs

Excellent track a got great  70's vibe running through it

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Farrell Jackson

It's a serious subject but this song is a heck of a lot of fun! Love the guitar work and the cool harmonies.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?