All Wars Human

Started by Mike_S, March 29, 2021, 01:40:57 PM

Bluesberry

utterly entrancing and fantastic...lyrically and vocally this reminds me greatly of Joy Division.....utterly fantastic....your experiment was a great success....

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

BerryPatch

A stellar entry Mike. The cut up lyrics have quite a level of depth to them, with a foreboding and almost mechanical quality to them. The chords are great in here, pretty unorthodox progession but it really works well. Excellent guitar work too, you have so much character when you play lead.

Ferryman

This is superb Mike, really worth the effort. I love the lyrics, I'm glad you persevered with them. The cut up approach throws up some odd sounding ideas and phrases but if you tweak them a bit and also find some interesting sources for the generator, you end up with something really unique. Which is what I think you have here, it's sounds a bit off the wall (which gives it a great edge) but there's a lot of sense in there as well.

The music is great as well, I love that off kilter second chord in the "All wars human" line, it really sticks in the brain and creates a bit of dissonance. The guitars sound fab and I love the solo, great use of the flangey/chorussy sound - it sounds great but you also use the sound really well in the solo. The vocals are really well done as well, and the whole mix hangs together really well.

Finally, I really like the drums - how did you do them? The pattern over the "All wars human" works really well.

A belter, really enjoyed this one!

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Flash Harry

I'd pay good money to see this band live - when are they on tour?

Fantastic. Great to hear you singing too, a really good job.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Mike_S

Quote from: Ferryman on March 31, 2021, 02:32:23 AMFinally, I really like the drums - how did you do them? The pattern over the "All wars human" works really well.

Thanks a million for listening everyone, really appreciated as always.

Nigel... the drums are done in garageband... the full iMac Desktop version... so you get to see and edit individual beats, create your own fills very easily. It is a bit time consuming but I really enjoy this part. I used to do a bit of drumming when I was a kid which maybe helps, so I have a decent idea of how I want the fills and patterns to sound. But fiddling around a bit makes a fair difference I think, rather than just leaving a few simple loops there... well for rock music anyway.

Cheers
Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Gritter

Love it, such an original sound. Really satisfying groove and the lyrics work so well. This is excellent, the chorus is superb - love that riff!

kenny mac

This is top notch stuff.
The production is amazing.
The music is outstanding and the cut up words have  worked a treat.
Vocals are crystal clear as well.
Magic

WarpCanada

This is really cool.  My favorite cutup so far.
Warren
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Cubase

recorder
Bitwig Studio

British Columbia Canada

SE

You may have struggled with  the lyrics but they work amazing  well for me and the chorus is killer.
The vocal  and guitar are magic  too really enjoyed the listen!
recorder
Boss BR-80