Started by Mike_S, March 29, 2021, 01:40:57 PM

Mike_S

All Wars Human
Time:
0:00
Volume:
CutUpFest (banner image missing)

Ok,one for the Cut Up Fest.

This was a really tough one. Took me a long time to come to terms with how to go about doing the cut-up thing. I tried loads of times but my brain wouldn't accept the fact they made no sense. But I put it aside for a week or so, then gave it another bash. Anyway I found some Wikipedia nonsense about "Woke" stuff and "Anti-woke" stuff, threw in an article about war and some nasty shit from Nazi wiki pages. I cut them up into various sections mixing sentences up, etc, then stuck them all in the online generator thingy, copied put back through the generator a few times. I then sifted through it picking lines that I liked and pieced it together. Mind bending shit... good stuff though... quite cathartic for someone like me who really likes things to have a conventional structure.

Think I'll go for a lie down now  :)

All Wars Human

Appropriation,
The annihilation
Of free speech
Of confrontation
War police

Earthly realitie shame
Public offenders
About justice politics
A dominant paradigm
Demands submission

All Wars Human
All Wars Human
All Wars Human
Desire

Analyise
Our own nation
And redefine all wars
Born as a result
Without anesthesia

Life leads to
Self policing
Manipulate and redefine
Oxigen of death
A third world desire
To punish and shame
Punish and shame

All Wars Human
All Wars Human
All Wars Human
Desire

Appropriation,
The annihilation
Of free speech
Of confrontation
War police

Earthly realitie shame
Public offenders
About justice politics
A dominant paradigm
Demands submission

All Wars Human
All Wars Human
All Wars Human
Desire

All Wars Human
All Wars Human
All Wars Human
Desire

All Wars Human
All Wars Human
All Wars Human
Desire

recorder
iPad GarageBand

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

First off, the music is brilliant. I love the drum beat and the reverb/ echo in the guitar sound wonderful. Reminded me a bit of The cure. It's amazing what those lyric generators throw up. I think I'll try one soon. The lyrics and even the title seem to fit perfectly with the subject.
Great vocals too btw. :) Darren
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

thetworegs

This fab Mike love the music ....your vocal stands out the lyric generator seems to make sense to me great job on this worth the perseverance

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

StephenM

Listening on cans... fantastic track...the bass pulses to the drum beat....resonating... I just dig your vocals here Mike...I can feel your energy...your effort ...I hear things I haven't before in your vocals...its like the way young Grace Slick sang in Jefferson Airplane....
May have been hard...it was worth it... you made something really good...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

launched

Dude... This is friggin' amazing! Badass groove and I can't keep my head from moving around. Those slowly strummed chords are captivating and the vox are mixed perfectly

Love this tune!

"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Kenneth

Your efforts produced fantastic results Mike, ... this is a very good tune.
A1 - enjoyed it very much.
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

Greeny

The guitar tone and playing is SO good. And I like the (sort of) uplifting verses contrasting with those bleak, dystopian chords on the chorus. The whole thing works brilliantly and sounds great - musically and lyrically. I'd say it's a damn near perfect cut-up execution.

I feel your pain. I struggled with letting go of my OCD enough to accept lines of random nonsense (just doesn't compute...). Glad you did though! :-)

TPB

I have tried to do this a couple times but i am having problems doing it this is not the case with this one love the playing and the lyrics
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Farrell Jackson

I'm glad you stuck with the cut up process Mike because it spawned this excellent song! Great guitar sound and the words fit well with the songs' style. Well done! Like you, I'm also having some difficulty wrapping my mind around the cut up process.....it seems helter skelter to my organized mind.
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Ray Brookes

The production here is fantastic, Mike and the drumming is awesome as is the guitar work. I don't know anything about (or have even heard of) a lyric generator but it sounds interesting. Whatever the process involved, you've ended up with a great track, well done.
Ray Brookes