Where to go after the discontinued BR-800

Started by jp68, March 28, 2021, 12:34:21 PM

jp68

I have been using my BR-800 for over eight years to help create backing tracks for my solo act... I am afraid that one of these days it's going to crap out on me... the way my BR-80 did, i.e, buttons, jog wheel, inputs short out... I've been looking at the TASCAM DP24, or possibly buying a like new BR-800 as a back-up... I don't see anything out there that compares to the 800 in terms attributes built in, i.e., COSM effects, Drum programmability, mastering effects, etc... In my case the limited number of tracks has not been a problem... Any ideas from the group? Thanks ????????

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss eBand JS-8
recorder
Audacity

Greeny

We've had a few discussions along these lines: whether it's better to stick to the old hardware we love or move / upgrade totally to DAW.

When my old MBR started playing up after 15 years I bought another one second hand. Not very imaginative or adventurous, but if you have something you know (and know will encourage you to make music), why change a winning formula?

So second hand is another option.

:-)

jp68

I don't think I'm ready to go with a DAW yet... Sweetwater has a killer deal on the DP-24... Reverb has a really cool looking BR-800... Still thinking which way to go...

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss eBand JS-8
recorder
Audacity

pjd1

DP 24 has a really good feel when i use it , sterdy and built for the job , faders , knobs , buttons , and a lot of user friendly youtube vids out there , i probably use 25 % of its capability , but it was the natural progression for me from the BR800 , which is awsome in its self !! everyone is different in there approach to recording and it comes down to personnel preference at the end of the day , DAW are not for me although i have used cakewalk in the past , then lost my music when my computer hard drive went AWOL !! good luck and lets know how you get on

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8