"Corner of the Room" by Kenny Mac and Mike Huntingford

Started by Mike Huntingford, March 25, 2021, 12:32:40 PM

Ferryman

Wow, another superb version of this backer. Another killer solo, loving the tones on that guitar, but the vocal really takes it to another level. Great lyrics as well, they really suit the feel of the backer. I love the ending section, the way it drops right down after the solo and then the vocal comes back in really strongly for an amazing ending.

Well done guys, this is indeed an incredibly polished and hugely enjoyable song. Absolutely could be a smash hit.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

Wowsers! This is a bit tasty, isn't it. Love the contrast between the world-weary vocal of the verses and the soaring falsetto parts. And the guitar work is (as we'd expect) quite delicious. Love how you get the extended space to really go for it. As a collaboration, this is quite masterful chaps. Epic even.

bruno

Great mix of styles and sounds. I loved the 80's guitar solo sound, dripping in verb - sounds flippin great.
I liked the slightly spoken vocal style - suited the mood really well.
Loved the backing sound scape, that was super cool.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

maxit

Wow, that's big! Wonderful song, and Kenny's guitar is the perfect match with Mike's backtrack !
recorder
Audacity

Mike Huntingford

Kenny and I are extremely happy with the results of the piece.  We appreciate all you kind and supportive words.

Mike
Mike Huntingford

recorder
Reaper

Nelson

Spot on fella, I absolutely loved it.
Love the concept "from the corner of the room" brilliantly conceived and executed.
The guitar solo is flip'n magic and the vocal delivery simply perfect.

And love the pulse / heartbeat of the song.
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

StephenM

LANDR-Hardlock, KennyMac, Mike Huntingford colab (original)-Balanced-Medium
Time:
0:00
Volume:
With permission from the collaborators I made a bit of a collage of Mike Huntingford's collab with Ken and Kenny Mac.... I loved these pieces very much and wanted to see what would happen if I tied them together.... there are some minor changes, added length etc.... I think it's an enjoyable listen... I haven't heard this is head phones yet...but I did this on BandLab...
hope you enjoy it...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

kenny mac

Good stuff stephen,excellent mix up.
Nice hear the tracks merging.
Cool.