Synthesized Paranoid Doodling by Ferryman's One Man Sound Machine

Started by Ferryman, March 24, 2021, 05:42:48 AM

Oldrottenhead

bloody magic, i can see why folk think of  Big Audio Dynamite, but i think Nigel has gone all 23 Skidoo on us. Brilliant guid sir.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Ferryman

Thanks for the kind comments everyone, they are all much appreciated. It's funny how all my subliminal influences have been mentioned - early Human League, Tubeway Army, BAD and of course Public Service Broadcasting (more of a liminal influence these days). Jim mentioned 23 Skidoo, a band I had forgotten about from the day, but clearly in a very similar vein to this.

The Boss SY-1 pedal certainly brings out these influences as its sounds are very 80s. Dr Who also gets a lot of mentions. I never intended any nods in that direction, but when I played the finished article back I kept thinking "this reminds me of something...." but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. And of course it's the Dr Who theme, especially at the end when it all comes back in. That one is deep in my psyche, as I grew up watching all the Dr. Who series as a kid. I even shook hands with William Hartnell (the first Doctor) when he opened a village fete near us back in the 60s.

Kenneth, I think you nailed it when you said "like a painting with sounds". That's what I try to do with my instrumental stuff, to paint with sounds to create a feeling or mood. I have these sounds and images in my head that I try to run into noises through the medium of the Bass VI and a bunch of pedals. 

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

bruno

What picture? Where?
Great track, loved all the little nods and winks - super constructed track, it really keeps the interest all the way through.
I did think it was going to break out into a bit of floyd at one point :-)
Excellent.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Blooby

Blimey, this was fantastic. Great sounds and production. You have your own thing here.

I enjoyed the story as well.

Blooby

BerryPatch

Cool sounds! A great new wave atmosphere and Burroughs speaking really adds a sort of hypnotic quality to the track

Ted

Well, this raised the bar. Just before listening to this, I was working on a new song with my new octave pedal and thinking to myself, satisfied, "Well that's a big fat sound." Then I come and find this song, No. THIS is a big fat sound.

A masterpiece of experimental electronic music. My first thought was "The Jezebel Spirit"
 My Life in the Bush of Ghosts – but then it got so... much... bigger.

Ferryman channels the energy and attitude of a Stranglers track produced by Brian Eno. Amazing!

I can dig it!

Blackout Bump - week of 24 March, 2021
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Frank53

This is so good. Creativity is off the charts. Great choice of sounds and cut-up placement. A truly stimulating soundscape.
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.