BR-900 "Adult Education"

Started by Frank53, June 02, 2009, 07:29:42 PM

The Reverend 48

Well done Frank...loved the "airy Feel" Great Production!

Bluesberry

Geeeeeeze that excellent.  What a great vocal there.  This must have took some time to get it all down!  Very good job.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

launched

Wow - there's a lot going on in this one - must have been a devil to mix and master. Very impressed - totally professional.

Later,

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Frank53

Thanks, 48 and BB! I appreciate the listen and the comments. The individual parts weren't that complicated. It was getting all the timing right, and then the mixing... oh, the mixing!  :P
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.

Frank53

Oops! Our messages overlapped, Mark. Thanks for the comments. Yeah, the mixing took some time; levels, panning, delay, reverb. Then I just used one of the mastering patches, and tweaked it a bit, reducing the amount of compression a little.
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.

Bosko Schwartz

My second Frank track!  I never heard the original either, but I am impressed!  Sounds very Hall & Oates, for sure.  Especially the sound effects and BG vox.  You sure you didn't get ol' Oates himself (and his mustache) to do those "Oh yeah"s?

Isn't it amazing how something that at first listen sounds really simple turns out to be pretty damned complicated?  This is one of those songs, and you did a fine job.  Nice little guitar solo near the end.  Very well mixed too.  The lead vox are sitting PERFECTLY.  Damned fine bassline too.

To say you are multi-talented is a ridiculous understatement.  We have another serious one-man-band (drums played live are especially rare in the forum) ... looks like I have some competition! ;D  Kidding, of course. :P

Fantastic work, man, really! :D

One VERY minor gripe: can you make the fade-out last a little longer?  It seems to end too abruptly.
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

Frank53

Sorry, Bosko. John wasn't available that day.  ;D  Yeah, people will talk about the simplicity of pop songs, yet some of them are pretty involved.

I agree, the fade-out is pretty short. If I lengthen the fade, I'll have to start sooner, since where it ends is where my (serious) playing ends. I didn't go long enough, I guess.

Thanks for listening, and I really appreciate the compliments. I'm not much of a player, compared to the rest of you guys. It's just a hobby, but I certainly enjoy it!

Bosko Schwartz

Quote from: Frank53 on June 05, 2009, 05:45:41 PMI'm not much of a player, compared to the rest of you guys. It's just a hobby, but I certainly enjoy it!

Frank, you're way too modest.  This may just be a hobby to you, but you are better than many in which it is their life-long dream.  It's OK to have some pride in your work!  This song is tip-top! :D
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

Oldrottenhead

wow how did i miss this, just listened to your song "dont try to tell me" so i thought need to listen to more of this guy, seems like br900 and br1200 forums can get lost in the serious amount of posts on this site. ive been away working for a day or two and am playing catch up, but 1st thing im doing is catching up with franks posts. way to go frank.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Frank53

Thanks you so much for the kind words on my songs, Jim. I'm glad you enjoyed them. Love the stuff on your Myspace page. Excellent writing and performance.

Frank