BR-900 "Adult Education"

Started by Frank53, June 02, 2009, 07:29:42 PM

Frank53

ae_mix2_mstr_trim
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Just finished this tonight, so it may get another mixing. Another internet group I work with has been trying to put together a CD every year. We are currently working on our fourth. We select a theme, and chose 1 or 2 songs to record. This year we chose songs from the 80's. One of my selection was the Hall & Oates tune "Adult Education".  Everything was done on the '900 except trimming the lead-in, adding the fade out, and adding a couple dB of gain; which was all done in Audacity. Here it is, warts and all.
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.

Makumbator

I don't know the original song, but your version sounds very nice! Did you recorded everything? Did you changed original arrangement?

The bass line is very good, and your version sounds funny and "relaxed " 8)

Frank53

Thanks, Mak! I appreciate the kind words. More to this tune than I thought when I started. I may re-master it, to add a little punch, but I think the mixing is done.

Frank
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.

Pedro

Pretty cool music and absolutely one of the best productions I've heard using the BR's. This is ready for radio. Are those BR drums?

Frank53

Thanks for the listen and the comments. I'm actually playing the drums; a Roland V-drum kit. Programming drums is just too dang complicated. LOL!

I just remastered this, to try to add some punch to it. I may post it to see if anyone can tell the difference, and if there is a preference.

Thanks again,
Frank

Satchwood

Wow, impressive!  Smooth, clean, clear - great production!  I like the funky guitar sounds, layers, & solo! - it's great to hear real drums too!  Your a very good singer!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Frank53

Thanks, Satch! I appreciate the comments. I figure the more tracks involved, the better it covers the mistakes. That theory has served me well, thus far.

Flash Harry

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Geir

Cool! very well played and  as pointed out already brilliant production !!

Funky and very 80s indeed, great drums too !! And smooth the way the lead at the end uses the backing vox as harmony
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Frank53

Thanks, Harry and Geir! I appreciate the listen and the comments. Not being much of a musician, I tend to spend more time on arrangement and production. "A man's gotta know his limitations."   ;D