"is it possible.." (original) geir + bus

Started by Geir, June 02, 2009, 06:04:44 PM

Bus Stetson

WOW!! Goosebumps  
soooooooooo beautiful bro!:) I knew in my heart you would make this special!!!!:))))
i was trying to imagine what was in your mind musical mind on this one:)?
when I first heard your amazing take n version I could feel your heart and vocal line there. i am so glad you chose your own first take to add your mind moving vocals:)  i had a hunger to hear the possibilities;)with your vocals n lyrics.

your creativity has charged my batteries up to the max to accompany you n your amazing original collaboration. it will be an honour to take this to the next level with you! I will download and listen, listen, listen till i am in harmony with your overwhelming version:) your mind is filled with vast musical creatively and i want to thank you for embracing this - especially being such a fan of your music:)) i loooove your voice, lyrics and everything you have brought to life:):) i am still absorbing your masterpiece here - when you hear something this good and honest - it takes time to sink in:)
*thank you* once again for everything!!!!
and to everyone that has taken part so far - as geir says so profoundly is it possible.
the answer is yes:))))

keep you posted when i back you up on our collaboration here:))

with love sustain and musical respects

bus
We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams. 'William Edgar O'Shaughnessy'.

Geir

Thank you so much all of you.  This was a real pleasure to do. It was such a smooth calming instrumental you provided Bus, and I had some unused lyrics in a little notebook that I just tweaked a bit to fit in.

The choice to use my own take on the instrumental as a basis for this song was just that I already had that on the MBR. I may post a version in collabs without my lead guitar so that Mike or Saijinn or someone else (maybe Horny Harold?) can put in a new lead in the vacant verse.

An Bus, this was a real pleasure and I'm glad you feel the same way an have got bitten by the collab virus, 'cause it's a rewarding disease to get!!

Cheers
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Oldrottenhead

QuoteAn Bus, this was a real pleasure and I'm glad you feel the same way an have got bitten by the collab virus, 'cause it's a rewarding disease to get!!
that collab virus is taking on pandemic proportions, hip hip hooray  for the collab virus.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Satchwood

Wow - excellent collaboration guys!!  Great singing Geir!!  This is a keeper!!
Geir your voice on this reminds me of Mark Knopfler from Dire Straits - Cool!!

I actually downloaded Bus'z instrumental back drop and was thinking of doing some lead guitar - but got busy with NEIL-FEST & BLUZ-FEST.  I'd like to do something with this - sort of like my tune Peaceful Haze - but I really think your guitar lead fits the mood very very well!!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Oldrottenhead

just listening again love your vox on this geir, reminds me of blixa bargeld formerly of nick cave and the bad seeds and Einstürzende Neubauten
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

SE

Wow excellent collab so atmospheric loved that vox with the synth
recorder
Boss BR-80

Bus Stetson

hi geir, yeah lol i sure have got bitten by the rewarding disease:) just letting you know i am working on your awesome version 'is it possible' which i simply love!!:) hope to upload soon :)
We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams. 'William Edgar O'Shaughnessy'.

guitarron

reminds me of velvet underground-good job

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bosko Schwartz

Wow, gentleman.  I mean, WOW!!

Geir, you seriously recorded this vocal while walking on the street?  Un-f-ing-real.  The comparisons to both Lou Reed and Mark Knopfler are right-on.  Stunning, just stunning.  Wish they were a TAD raised in the mix because they are so good, but a small gripe.

The music by Bus Stetson, what to say about the music?!?!  It's got a sort of Pink Floyd vibe (especially with the synth, which I LOVE), but also Eric Clapton-y stuff with the mellow guitar solos sprinkled about.

Beautiful work, guys, just fantastic. :D :D
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann