Anybody got any recomendations on Netflix?

Started by Mike_S, March 08, 2021, 09:48:51 AM

Ferryman

You didn't mention the obvious one, Queen's Gambit. Well worth a try, it's got a similar period feel to Mad Men.

We started Dark, enjoyed it but it is a bit complicated and I'm afraid we didn't keep up with it. My son recommended Safe, we are going to give that a go. We also just started the Frankenstein Chronicles (which had been on terrestrial ITV) and are enjoying that. Sean Bean in a period drama reprising a few Sharpe tropes goes down well with me.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Hilary

Stranger Things
Brigerton
Anne with an E (watch with mum)
Money Heist
Suits
Schitts Creek - love this one
IZombie  :)
Black Mirror
Misfits
Orange is the New Black
Crazy Ex Girlfriend - again love this one
The Durrells (watch with mum)
Celebs Go Dating (guilty pleasure)
Unforgotten

Nigel - my husband loves Sharpe!
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Mike_S

Thanks for the suggestions guys... appreciate those... there a good few to investigate!
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Kody

A lot of great suggestions from everyone... I'm just here because nobody mentioned The Umbrella Academy.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Greeny

Quote from: Kody on March 09, 2021, 09:15:10 AMA lot of great suggestions from everyone... I'm just here because nobody mentioned The Umbrella Academy.

I did.

Love it!

Only bettered by 'The Boys' IMO. 

Kody

Quote from: Greeny on March 09, 2021, 09:15:58 AM
Quote from: Kody on March 09, 2021, 09:15:10 AMA lot of great suggestions from everyone... I'm just here because nobody mentioned The Umbrella Academy.

I did.

Love it!

Only bettered by 'The Boys' IMO. 

Oops, sorry Tim - I missed that! I shouldn't try multitasking while I'm supposed to be working, lol!
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Mike_S

Recently watched Fauda on Netflix... very good. Israeli v Palistinian secret service type thingy. We watched Bloodline was very good (thanks Tim) and also the Queens Gambit (thanks Nigel/JP). Another one to check out is Hinterland on Netflix... just a detective thing but pretty good. My wife recommends Kingdom... a Zombie thing... have a feeling it's not for me though.

Ohh and on the movie front thoroughly enjoyed Bohemian Rhapsody. Wasn't really looking forward to it but was blown away by it, the guy really did Freddie justice I think and some of the scenes were pretty moving.
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Mike_S

Watching "To The Lake" on Netflix. Enjoying it a lot. It's actually a Russian series, kind of dystopian thing.
recorder
iPad GarageBand