"Look Away, My Lass" w/Lurker LITLR

Started by Blooby, March 07, 2021, 06:53:31 PM

Blooby

Look Away My Lass - Lurker & Blooby LITLR (224)
Time:
0:00
Volume:

Trying to find the time to mix down two other offerings, but in the meantime, John (Lurker) and I had an outdoor gig canceled due to weather, and we salvaged a few hours by playing around the dining table. In a shocking development, no alcohol was involved this time.

Peace.

Blooby

StephenM

reminds me of the singing on "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"....which I loved btw....cool llyrics and of course Lurkers vocals are always stellar and Blooby's guitars are grand....good playing...sorry to hear you lost the gig....I'm sure you will get back at it...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Greeny

I like this folky side of you guys. This song is so convincing and done with such conviction that it feels like a cover of a traditional folk song. Such power and depth for a guitar and voice alone. Of course, it helps when you have guitar and vocal abilities that are this good.

The playing... man, the playing. Mind-blowing. And I love that dissonant final chord.

Hook

Hey, guys...saw your gig was cancelled...almost there...maybe. I have 3 gigs a week, about 30% of what I need. You guys (bar gigs) will recover before I do...and with a vengeance.
Great song, love me some table jam.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Nelson

A real soulful piece.
The lyrics are visional and the vocal delivery is full of emotion.
The guitar lends the cadence to the pictures I'm seeing in my minds eye.
Wonderfully done

Not surprised at all that you're gigging together. You got the full package here.
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

BerryPatch

Great folky song. Has a cool Celtic/Irish tinge to it. The acoustic sounds lovely

Ferryman

A lovely LITLR performance. A bit different from you guys, in a really good way. Love the simple straightforward feel of this one, the acoustic sounds great and there's real feeling in the playing. John's vocals sound fantastic on this one, and you captured them really well. Love the folky feel here, well done.

And I'm looking forward to those two being mixed as well......

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Mike_S

Some brilliant playing here and a lovely vocal. Sounds like an authentic rendition of an old established folk tune, then I double checked to see it's an original. Wow.... absolutely brilliant chaps.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bluesberry

This is original? wow, that awesome....what a great folky song....guitar is fantastic....well played...and lyrics, vocals ...well sung....its damn fine...

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ray Brookes

Lovely contemporary folk and very well performed and produced. Great vocal work too.
Ray Brookes