Plastic World - a new song by Thetworegs and Chapperz

Started by chapperz66, March 05, 2021, 11:33:44 AM

Flash Harry

Whoar!

This is some tasty stuff. What a journey - it feels much longer than it actually is, such great variation and so many twists and turns. The music is fantastic Paul and well worth the clear effort that you've put into it. Hugely skillfull, musically, technically, and what an ear you have to put all this together and leave so much room for Trevors vocal.

Annnnddd.. Trevors Vocal....

The best you have ever done in my opnion Trev, it complements the music brilliantly - I could not imaging another singer on this track, there's a mixture of Bruce Dickinson, Viv Stansall and Sid, utterly brilliant. Lyrics are brilliant, and you use your vocal techniques to emphasise each section like little cameos, but retain the feel and the really important message in the song.

Send this in to the BBC. It's utterly fantastic. It needs public exposure.   
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

BerryPatch

Awesome, sorta David Byrne style freakout. But even saying that, this song is so unique that I can hardly throw a name out there, there's definitely a mad brilliance going on here. The vocals, the lyrics, the mixing, the playing are all wicked. The little bridge about fighting the war is such a great addition, I'm surprised how well everything works. Great job guys, I hope to hear you collaborate some time again.

kenny mac

I had this on full blast in car today.
You guys rock.
So much happening in there and so many tracks it would have fried my brain.
Trev your delivery fits like a glove.
Well done.

Pine

72 tracks. Yikes! You have the patience of a saint. How you got all that mixed in such a splendid way is most impressive Chappz.

Greeny's right...this is like a rock opera. So many changes...messages.. images...instrumental weaving and bobbing. an overall adjective for me would be "unique"...never heard anything quite like this. You can make comparisons but it's really just you guys creating your own magic. Hats off to you both for your hard work, dedication, and talent!

recorder
Boss BR-1200

StephenM

crikey!  jimminy crickets.... this is my favorite by you guys so far....bloody hell it is...in every way... there is one thing i would have liked a bit more though...and that is a little more of that delicious guitar soloing closing out the song....man alive you guys this is big....

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ray Brookes

Extraordinary track and brilliant writing/production, Paul. The icing on the cake is of course Trevor's vocal work. Great collab, guys.
Ray Brookes

Ferryman

72 tracks seems about reasonable to me for a song...... ;) ;D

And you've used those 72 tracks brilliantly. This is indeed a rock opera, you could have got at least three different songs out of this, it's really impressive how you melded the different sections together into a really coherent piece of music. Overall, like everyone else says, it's a stunning piece of work, really well arranged and recorded. I love it all, but my favourite parts are the intro section (I love the sounds you created and the little counterpointed riffs), the verse riff (so compelling), the "orchestral" section and the guitar wigout at the end (just amazing playing and beautifully recorded). And of course the vocals throughout are excellent, superbly performed and wonderfully recorded, Trev is a master at capturing a very dynamic vocal performance so that none of the nuances are lost.

Your production skills shine through on this. It all sounds so well mixed and balanced, and really coherent. That's a hard thing to do when there is so much going on, and I really admire what you did here. Everything sits perfectly in the mix and it's a real joy to listen to.

So much to enjoy in this on so many levels. Really, really well done both of you. This is going to be one hell of an album! It definitely needs wider exposure......

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Mach

An extraordinary piece of work and the technical & progressive arrangement is so well thought out. Trev you were meant to sing this, excellent job! I wouldn't know what to do with 72 tracks, I would be lost.
A very fine listen gents, Bravo!

Mach
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Redler

Wow!! Loving all those twists and turns by Paul - just superb composing and mixing several genres. Very creative!

Trev, you have done excellent job with lyrics and your vocals hits perfectly on the target allways!!

Brilliant!!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Kenneth

"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman