about this forum

Started by StevieM, June 02, 2009, 01:30:31 PM

Bro

Well your right, this forum is incredible!

My worst nightmare is that this forum would turn out like youtube's comment-battles, I'm sick of that!
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

SteveB

Quote from: 0jimihendrix0 on July 06, 2009, 05:16:12 AM...this forum is incredible!

My worst nightmare is that this forum would turn out like youtube's comment-battles, I'm sick of that!

JHX - I can see what you mean, but I doubt that that will ever happen here. You'll know what I mean when I say that there is just too much respect between the Musicians/Performers on this Forum. And also, (And this isn't a personal dig at your divulged age  ;D ), but that level of childishness that you see on YouTube, usually abates with age.
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

Bro

Quote from: SteveB on July 06, 2009, 05:21:39 AM
Quote from: 0jimihendrix0 on July 06, 2009, 05:16:12 AM...this forum is incredible!

... but that level of childishness that you see on YouTube, usually abates with age.
Yeah your right, i hope so :)

A lot of musician respect here :D
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

Diego Ayala

Quote from: StevieM on June 02, 2009, 01:30:31 PM...
Mind you, I suppose I could be the only human on here, all the rest that goes on is just machines replying to each other, so does that mean I'm not really here at all either???????

You're there and I'm here (now), and although we use machines to express ourselves via music/internet - this site is quite refreshing (and addictive to me)...  I find the support to be oustanding, and to be able to freely share our own compositions/arrangements and ideas, well, it seems to have become a part of my daily routine!  I have started a new music library to save a lot of the songs posted - for listening and for ideas, and have also added a library to keep adding recording tipbits and info not covered in the manuals...  Just yesterday I listened to a father/daughter post a blues on the site, and well, although it made me miss my kids and not been able to jam w/them, it gave me the idea to do it via the internet ---  It is a good forum!!!