Big City LiGHTs

Started by TPB, March 04, 2021, 07:51:03 PM

Greeny

Late-night, smoky, croony jazz. I like the distortion & compression on the vocal - it makes it sound like an old fashioned mic in a live performance. Lots of great atmosphere and swagger. Those backing vocals are superb too. Really nicely done!

Jean Pierre

so there! hat! the "jazz" suits you well!...one of your most beautiful performance my friend...what a pity! ..I couldn't add anything else ;D

I like the comment of Nigel
QuoteI know nothing of jazz but this sounded really smooth and very cool to these ears. The keyboards and groove are really good, and I particularly liked the "ooos" going on in the background (are those vocals or keys?). They really add to the laid back atmosphere. The guitar lead work is really nice, subtle but interesting and has a lovely feel. But your vocals really seemed to hit the spot for this one, lots of light and shade in the performance and they really have the right feel for a song like this. I liked the nice clean and open mix as well, great job all round Tim.

I'm no expert on this kind of music but I very much enjoyed your experiment.
..........je ne peux pas dire mieux!
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Pine

yessirreee...laid back Chill City. I can almost see ya in that lounge doing a great job on this song while most folks talked over it. The plight of the lounge singers...  Nice job on this Tim...steppin' out of your comfort zone here but doing it well. Nice listen.
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Redler

Sweet harmonies and really laid back jazzy feel on this. A toe tapper song!

Great playing and singing, btw...
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

BerryPatch

Very nice laid back feel to this. The harmonies in the back add a lovely ambience and the guitar and vocals are both very tasteful. I feel like I'm the character in a Jack Kerouac novel at a bar in Greenwich Village... cool cool jazz pop serenading my beer glass as I stare into its vast infinite emptiness. The drinks don't stop, neither does the night...

thetworegs

This is fab Tim you had me at the opening notes

If Life is a dream then use your imagination