"Deepest Love" featuring Mike Stewart (Mike_S) COLLABFEST 2 Submission

Started by Mike Huntingford, March 02, 2021, 03:38:50 PM

Mike Huntingford

Deepest Love_1
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hey guys,

Mike_S sent me his version of the Power Ballad Challenge - I loved it and thought it could be mixed a bit better so Mike's wonderful guitar line sat well in the mix.  So, I had him send me his guitar track which I edited a bit to clean up a bit of noise and then placed it into the orginal Power Ballad track.  Then, after listening several times, I couldn't help but note it need some additional complimentary instruments, so I added some to compliment his solo playing.

I fleshed out the song a bit more to make it sound big (Power Ballad like) and, well, here is the result.

I hope you like the outcome. Please don't hesitate to comment on the mix, the added instruments (do they help or hurt?).  I want to compliment Mike's guitar line.

Regards and Enjoy,

Mike and Mike  ::)
Mike Huntingford

recorder
Reaper

StephenM

this is a musical marriage made in aural heaven... can't have enough Mike and Mike... both fantastic creators and players...bravo...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Mike Huntingford

Quote from: StephenM on March 02, 2021, 05:06:12 PMthis is a musical marriage made in aural heaven... can't have enough Mike and Mike... both fantastic creators and players...bravo...

Thank you... did it sound ok?
Mike Huntingford

recorder
Reaper

StephenM

Quote from: Mike Huntingford on March 02, 2021, 05:37:42 PM
Quote from: StephenM on March 02, 2021, 05:06:12 PMthis is a musical marriage made in aural heaven... can't have enough Mike and Mike... both fantastic creators and players...bravo...

Thank you... did it sound ok?

I am listening on my JBL 5 sinch ref monitors and it sounds great to me in these....wonderful stuff....To be fair I hardly ever comment on the mix...because I have been around long enough to know there is not one right way to mix sounds.... that is a very creative and personal part.... and I take no offense to someone making a mixing suggestion to me either...but I never feel compelled to comply...
I will say though that I read alot of posts and comments on here and I am teachable (to some degree) and the things I have learned on SC about mixing I have applied as best I can and my music reproduction has improved alot....
I think you should be very happy with this mix... it sounds really nice.... and tonight when I lie down to sleep I am going to play this at low volume through the phones....great collaboration men! 

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ray Brookes

A lot of skill in the art of mixing on display here. Such a lovely warm sound and every instrument so perfectly placed in the soundscape. I'm not sure who is playing what but that guitar work is up there with the Clapton's of this world in my opinion. Thoroughly enjoyed this you guys; great stuff.
Ray Brookes

Greeny

A beautiful and emotive addition to an already killer track. Sounds great mix-wise, and Mike's playing is sublime.

Mike Huntingford

Quote from: Greeny on March 03, 2021, 01:49:55 AMA beautiful and emotive addition to an already killer track. Sounds great mix-wise, and Mike's playing is sublime.

Thank you

Mike and Mike
Mike Huntingford

recorder
Reaper

Mike Huntingford

Quote from: Ray Brookes on March 03, 2021, 01:36:02 AMA lot of skill in the art of mixing on display here. Such a lovely warm sound and every instrument so perfectly placed in the soundscape. I'm not sure who is playing what but that guitar work is up there with the Clapton's of this world in my opinion. Thoroughly enjoyed this you guys; great stuff.

Thank you. Mike Stewart played electric guitar. Mike Huntingford was everything else. We are happy you liked it.
Mike Huntingford

recorder
Reaper

Mike_S

Thanks Mike H for the open invite to the track. It's quite hard to go wrong with the songs you put up. They are already quality with no additions so my mission is normally just not to mess it up! Thanks for positive feedback people.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

BerryPatch

An already great track made even better with the smoother mixing. Bravo guys