songs not playing full length.

Started by DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee, March 02, 2021, 11:59:25 AM

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Hi,
I've just joined the site but i realised after listening back to my songs i've posted that they haven't posted the full song, it cuts off before the end. Is this down to the file size?
Any help would be appreciated,

Darren  :)
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

I think i worked out the problem, i was having trouble playing tracks on my iPad..but its fine on my PC. sorted i think.  :)
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Hook

Hello and welcome.
Im gonna assume that you are listening on iphone or iPad, some apple product. Songcrafters has trouble with playback on Apple, android and PC work fine. There is a browser app you can download thats called Puffin (I think) that used to work. I would imagine someone will explain better soon.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Bluesberry

I have this problem on my iPhone and iPad.....funny enough Keith's iPad is a much older version annd it plays fine on that one....is there a fix for apple products to hear the whole song?????

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Greeny

Yep. It's an iOS / Apple issue. I get the first two and half minutes or something on my iPhone. Works fine on my Mac laptop though.

Alternatively you can download the track on iPhone to hear it all (if you have the space etc).

64Guitars

I don't have access to any iOS devices so I can't test this. But I believe if you tap & hold the Download button in our mp3 player, you should see a menu of actions that can be performed on that link such as Open and Download. If you select Open, it should play the mp3 file in your device's default mp3 player (Apple Music?) or it might play it in your web browser's built-in mp3 player. Maybe an iOS user could give that a try and let us know if it works any better.

Has anyone tried Firefox in iOS? If so, is it any better at playing mp3 files at Songcrafters?

https://www.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/mobile/

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Ray Brookes

I had a similar problem when I first joined the site as I was using my iMac default browser (Safari) Then someone advised me to download Google Chrome and since then I have had no problems at all.
Ray Brookes