Man in a trenchcoat

Started by DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee, March 01, 2021, 11:43:19 AM

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Man in a Trenchcoat
Time:
0:00
Volume:
A short jazz / swing style track from a few years ago, influenced by those old 50's and 60's detective films. Several music libraries used for this.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Ray Brookes

Cool track, Darren and this presents your versatility in writing. Stellar sounds you have here from your libraries and you utilise them perfectly.
Ray Brookes

BerryPatch

This is real swinging. Awesome arrangement, really could be from an old MGM film or something. The sounds are so life like too, sounds like it was actually recorded by a big band in a concert hall.

Bluesberry

sounds incredible, what a composition

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

StephenM

wow...big band modernized.... I like it... I love the horn sounds... and the clarinet/oboe...  nicely constructed piece... my wife will love this.... mine though, not so much...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Kenneth

I enjoyed this very much. The variety at this site is great... thanks for posting!
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

Greeny

Ooh - tasty! Feels so authentic. And as a someone who wanted to sing big band swing, I really love this style. You are clearly an incredibly skilled arranger & composer. Fantastic stuff.

Pine

I really enjoy big band and country swing. This is a real fine piece of work...enjoyed the ride!
Did you put this all together with loops and samples from your libraries? What DAW software did you use? If so, no wonder hardware is on the verge of extinction :-))
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Hilary

This is lovely very 60s swing as intended. Very accomplished.
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Ferryman

I often say tracks are "cool", well this is the very definition of cool! I can see the Rat Pack standing at the bar as the band plays this in the background. Beautifully composed and arranged, it's elegant but with great swing as well. Really nicely recorded as well, everything is very well balanced and positioned in the mix.

Very nice work, welcome to Songcrafters! 

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR