We know what we need to do by Honker

Started by Oldrottenhead, February 27, 2021, 04:33:12 AM

Oldrottenhead

We know what we need to do
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Got this in my mail from Kenneth this morning.

It is what it is.

When there's something still there
Worth holding on to
After all we've been through
Yes it's still worth fighting for

When your coming back home

Well if we can pull through this
We can pull through anything
And we know what we need to do
To keep this love happening

When your coming back home

Music and Backing Vocals
By
Kenneth
Lyrics and Lead Vocals
By
Oldrottenhead
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Hilary

You two are so good together - this is fabulous.

The backing vocals were a great add too.

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

BerryPatch

Always so great to hear from you. Great music and great, uplifting lyrics and vocals

Bluesberry

sweet song guys.....hopeful for sure.....great music......

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ferryman

Wow, this is really good! It's a great song all round but the thing that grabbed me the most was the dynamics and the song construction. The chorus is incredibly effective, the drop and then build up with the backing vox and "we know what we need to do" is an absolute killer. The combination of the dynamics, instrument sounds and vocals is really strong and quite unique.

Kenneth's backer is great, a really good combination of instruments and sounds, some clever guitar work played off against the keys and great sounds and production all round. Jim's vocals fit so well into this, and I love the way it ends as well. Brilliant work guys, a real belter.

And it seems like the lyrics express a more positive potential outcome for the lyricist, I hope that's the case.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

StephenM

I am simply gonna say that Honker rocks.... brilliant stuff men

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Oldrottenhead

QuoteAnd it seems like the lyrics express a more positive potential outcome for the lyricist, I hope that's the case.
they do and are. :)
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Ferryman

Quote from: Oldrottenhead on February 28, 2021, 03:45:32 AM
QuoteAnd it seems like the lyrics express a more positive potential outcome for the lyricist, I hope that's the case.
they do and are. :)
Excellent news  :D

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

As always, Ken's music has such an expansive, incredible power. It soars and dives and has such a beautiful momentum. And James brings his own magic dust to add an extra layer of goodness. That chorus with its choir of angels - stellar. And then there's the story behind the lyric which just makes the whole thing even more special.

Brilliant, epic stuff.

thetworegs

A beauty of collab as always....And then as Tim said "there's the story behind the lyric which just makes the whole thing even more special "

If Life is a dream then use your imagination