Face It by BerryPatch

Started by BerryPatch, February 25, 2021, 09:57:36 PM

BerryPatch

Face It MP3
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Another one! I've been on a roll lately :). This is one that started life way back in mid 2018, when I started recording more seriously. I left it sitting for a long while, not sure what to do with the basic track. Once I redid the the bass then added the little guitar riff, everything started coming together. Had a hard time with what to do for lyrics and vocals with this one but I'm pleased with the results. I thought be interesting to go more in depth with harmonies here so thats what did. Many times over, I thought wasn't sure if this was going to really come together nicely. I think overall it did though. I hope you enjoy. By the way, I used my new jazzmaster for the arpeggied chords that come in and the solo

If I look up from behind the wall
Maybe I'll see the sky
Even if I know nothing could fall
Still have to ask you why
How can I tell what is right for me
And what can be underneath my feet
Just picking up pieces I left behind

But how will I know when I can say
I know that you'd feel better that way
And even though time it surely fades
Just take it along and face it today
Maybe I'll find a place where I'll see
Intentions unfold at the reason to be
Just take it along

You might as well face it
There's got to be a day when you see

There's no more questions here to ask
It's never what you see
Sometimes you'll find that behind the mask
It's neither you or me
If I look up from behind the wall
Maybe I'll see the sky
Doesn't make any difference to me

But how will I know when I can say
I know that you'd feel better that way
And even though time it surely fades
Just take it along and face it today
Maybe I'll find a place where I'll see
Intentions unfold at the reason to be
Just take it along

You, and only you, can be free

Epiphone Sheraton
Danelectro 12 string
GarageBand Drums
Godin Acoustic
Sterling Ray25CA
Gibson Les Paul
Roland SH-201
Squier Jazzmaster
Shure SM 58

TPB

New guitar sounds great  and the harmonies worked out really well the effort put into them shows well done
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Ferryman

Wow, this is fantastic Keith. The first thing that hit me is the wonderful production - the width of the stereo image and balance of the instruments creates a fantastic warm, open mix within the first few bars. It's really good, and continues that way through the whole song. I'd be really pleased with the production if this were one of mine... ;)

The song itself is great, I like the combination of verse, pre-chorus and chorus and it's a lovely sound overall. Great arrangement, everything fits together well, the little keyboard parts are a lovely touch and I really liked the solo. The lead vocal is great and the harmonies are wonderful, they really add depth to the song and your work on those shows. If it were me I would have pushed the lead vocal up in the mix a bit, but over time I have come to prefer my vocals more upfront, that's just a personal thing.

This is all round a great song, briliantly performed and really well produced. Well done!!

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

I really like this. Feels like guitar-driven 80's Indie bands like Lloyd Cole & the Commotions. The brew of guitars is really nicely played and arranged - serious production skills. It's the chords and the vocal melody on the verse that I'm digging in a deep way. That little shift downwards is gorgeous.

So good! It's incredible how accomplished you are.

Hilary

I always look forward to your songs as I know I'm in for a treat and this was no exception.

Yes you are very accomplished, congratulations I'm so pleased for you.
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

StephenM

Alan Parsons vibe to me.... whom I love btw.... and probably this does not need any comparisons because you have your own sound...
very catchy... hooks galore... you have an older voice than your age...(and that is not a slam in any way)...just mo.... as far as writing more songs....that is what happens to you when you join SC.... the vibe is catchy and you become a writing machine...crazy how that works... it happened to me... before I joined I probably had written maybe 10 or 15 songs max...many were instrumentals... that all changed...now I have to go... whoa big boy!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Nelson

Love the mix of different guitar parts through out, drives the song along brilliantly.
Your harmonies are beautifully done, reminds me of Brian Wilson's work.

Your creativity, musicianship, patience and attention to detail, shines brightly here.
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

Pine

Nice tune! The vocals are ace..nice mixing and harmonies. Loved the guitar parts as well. The choruses were my favorite part...really catchy and well arranged. Nice lead and good bass work. Sometimes i got a bit of a late 60's vibe..but maybe just because i'm an oldster. Good post Berrypatch...your patience with this song paid off.
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Ray Brookes

Great production skills here, Keith and those guitars sound fantastic. Lovely harmonies, nice cool solo and great bass lines; all this wrapped up to create an exceptional track mixed splendidly.
Ray Brookes

Flash Harry

This is fantastic, lovely arrangement, great mix, I really like the harmonies in the chorus.

Like Nigel I would like the vocals to be a bit more prominent, they're good and always the thing that adds contect to the music, push them a bit.

Lovely. 
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.