Looking For Eve

Started by SE, February 24, 2021, 10:57:35 AM

Greeny

A bit of folky acoustica suits you, John. It's a lovely, flowing song and your vocal is full of authenticity and emotion. Powerful stuff!

I hope you get to see your grand-daughter. I haven't seen my son since December. It's beyond hard / upsetting.

Nelson

Nice strong vocal performance.
I'm not an expert but to my untrained ears it all sound great, from the instrumentation to the mix.

Heart felt indeed
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

BerryPatch

Very nice job. Cool Melodica parts and I love the folky vibe and strong vocals

tonyc

nice folky song john . i love the melodica , ive heard it used in a lot of reggae type songs , loved the vocal reminded me in parts of neal diamond , superb stuff ....cheers tony cee
recorder
Zoom HD16

Ferryman

Great intimate feel here John, and lovely sounds on the guitar and melodica. The vocals are great, you captured great feeling in the performance. And what a lovely song, a great idea that really sums up our times. Hope you get to see her soon.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

a belter china, i love the melodica. i have one somewhere i must dig it out.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

cuthbert

Loved it, John - the C1 captured all the sounds very well. And of course, love the melodica, which you used to great effect on this. I've got a couple of those around myself.

Hopefully you'll get to see your granddaughter soon - feels like we're getting close (not quickly enough, though) with the vaccine rollouts now.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Johnbee

Absolutely lovely song.  I don't know if it's on my end but I'm hearing quite a bit of clipping like perhaps the mastering volume is a bit too hot.  But the tune is wonderful and well performed.

:) John B.

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

Bluesberry

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

WarpCanada

Great song. I also hear a bit of either clipping or perhaps the microphone distorting. 

The C1 has an internal battery so you get "powered" FET operation without any phantom power from the Boss recorder.

Maybe the gain is a bit hot, or the master reached 0 dB and clipped, and needed a limiter.
Warren
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Cubase

recorder
Bitwig Studio

British Columbia Canada