Looking For Eve

Started by SE, February 24, 2021, 10:57:35 AM

SE

Looking for Eve
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Recorded on BR80 using a Behringer C1 condenser, one thing about BR80 theirs no phantom power which is a bit of a pain if they added an xlr input and some phantom power that would be cool, but that not happening :(
Went all acoustic,
Adam Black acoustic tuned to G
Melodica, Kinda blow keyboard thing
Bongos and tambourine

Songs about the little grand daughter that we,ve not seen since before Christmas.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Ray Brookes

Pretty song, SE with a nice folky kinda feel. Those melodica things are becoming quite popular and it works well here. Cool lyrics too.
Ray Brookes

Farrell Jackson

A nice song for your grand daughter SE. It's hell not being able to see the grand kids. The melodica sounds good. I have one also and they are fun to play. The thing I noticed is that they require a lot of breath...more so than a harmonica. The acoustic has excellent tone to it. Did you use the C1 condenser mic on all the instruments also?

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

thetworegs

A nice song/ SE that melodically thingy works really welll with the acoustic let's hope you get to see your granddaughter soon

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

SE

Thanks Farrell, everything was recorded with the Behringer so had use an external phantom  power source to make it work, the mic was only £30.
May look for something better around  about  £100, any suggestions, thanks  John
recorder
Boss BR-80

TPB

Great song I have 7 Grandkids and only get to see three of them since this started thank God for Face time Me I love acoustic music so this right in my wheel house
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

maxit

wonderful song! I loved it to the bits, the mix of instrument is perfect, and the feeling is going straight to heart, but when I turn up the volume I hear kinda distortion, is it in my ear (the distortion lol)?
recorder
Audacity

Farrell Jackson

Quote from: SE on February 24, 2021, 12:33:17 PMThanks Farrell, everything was recorded with the Behringer so had use an external phantom  power source to make it work, the mic was only £30.
May look for something better around  about  £100, any suggestions, thanks  John

The C1 sounds good to me John. But if you are looking to upgrade, check out the MXL series of Mics. The MXL 990 condenser is a real good mic for under $100 US. It's kind of like the work horse of condenser mics.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Redler

Brilliant job, John! Nice folky vibe, really fine melodies...melodica sounds so warm and good. Melodica....hmmm...GAS!! ;D
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

StephenM

hoping you get to see the little soon.... loved the song...it is quite mellow though compared to most others I have heard of yours....nothing wrong with that....as usual really great singing...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner