New guitar: Squier J Mascis Jazzmaster

Started by BerryPatch, February 22, 2021, 08:31:31 PM

BerryPatch

Just got a J Mascis Jazzmaster earlier today and I've really been enjoying it so far. A friend recently also got one and highly recommended it and, after hearing demos and seeing all the great reveiws, I finally got one as well. It's got a wonderful neck on it (in non glossed satin finish) and it sounds excellent, especially the middle and neck position. Great guitar for the money.

You can see it in my profile picture (it's smaller than I thought it was going to be, haha) along with my other fairly recent purchase, the Sterling Ray25CA

You will definitely hear it on recordings to come from me so stayed tuned... :)

StephenM

Nothing like inspiration from new gear....congrats... I fell in love with my new bass... I played it for an hour straight with a drum track I made ...then yesterday my right hand fingers were sore so I played it another hour with a pick...ha... you'll do great things with this

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Nice guitar, I've got a Mexican made Jazzmaster and
I love it. It's probably the most versatile guitar I have.
Looking forward to hearing it.   Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Farrell Jackson

Cool guitar! I love the Jag body shape. It's the most comfortable body shape I own. I look forward to hearing it!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

TPB

New toys are always good for inspiring new music love the gold and white look on a guitar
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Pine

Many new flavors about to ascend from the BerryPatch! Congrats!
recorder
Boss BR-1200

cuthbert

Super cool. That white with gold pickguard combination looks so classy - congrats!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Pete C

Lovely guitar. I love Jags and Jazzmasters - such a cool shape.
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Greeny

Been getting a bit of GAS myself for a P90-equipped Jazzmaster, and this hasn't helped! It's a real beauty - love that colour combo.

Good to see you've started collecting early on! It's a slippery (but fun) slope, lol :-)

pjd1

Yer cant beat a new guitar in your hands well done looks so cool !!
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8