Leave Your Lights On

Started by BAG, June 02, 2009, 04:44:54 AM

Geir

Quote from: BAG on June 04, 2009, 01:11:56 AM
Quote from: Geir on June 03, 2009, 07:20:59 AMNot only does she play very clean (mastering damping) and melodic she also manages to master dynamics on a overdriven guitar .. amazing !!!

Sorry to burst the bubble Geir but she actually recorded it clean and i added the effects afterwards.
oh well ... but actually that doesn't make it less impressive, 'cause you don't have to play that clean without distortion, and if you add it afterwards it WILL reveal any sloppy playing!

QuoteI've still got a lot to learn from this MBR but it's the best money i've ever spent on anything to do with music.
I'm so with you on that !! If I had so sell either my mbr or my last guitar I would have serious problems in deciding which !!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

BAG

Quote from: Geir on June 04, 2009, 01:37:29 AMoh well ... but actually that doesn't make it less impressive, 'cause you don't have to play that clean without distortion, and if you add it afterwards it WILL reveal any sloppy playing!

I'm planning on getting her to do it next time with the distortion on and seeing how she goes. I'll have to bribe her to do another take or two......some chocolate should do it :D
Just a roadie again.....

Facemask93

Hey BAG ,  first off , this is so good , one being you would never know this was your 8yo daughter making music with you , ( please tell her this because she is so cool ) secondly because your vox make this a very interesting cover , i'm very impressed with this , i gave this several listen's today , love it , well done you and kayla

Facemask93 

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

AndyR

This made me smile - makes me feel really good to know an eight-year-old can do something like this.

Interesting to hear you can bribe her with getting up to play live - she's a performer, isn't she? :D

On the turning the effects on and off while you're bouncing - I'm pretty sure you can do it. I fiddle with the controls when I'm bouncing - levels, pan, reverb. I can get a reasonable fade now. Changing v-track causes a bit of a "bump" sadly. I've not tried it yet, but I'm fairly certain you can mess with the effect settings during a bounce as well, including turnign them on/off (I suspect you might get the "Stop Recorder!" message if you tried to change LOC though...)

Anything it doesn't stop you doing, you can do, is my way of looking at it :D
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Ferryman

Great stuff, impressive to hear how she's coming on. very cool indeed, and very talented young lady.

Not sure if you can turn effects on and off when bouncing, but it would be easy to try. Get the effect set up the way you want, start the bouncing then press the Effect button. If you get the effect display screen, you can just press the TR1 key to turn the effect on and off.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR