The State of the Onion is Dank

Started by StephenM, February 22, 2021, 02:05:05 PM

StephenM

LANDR-The State of the Onion is Dank -Balanced-Medium
Time:
0:00
Volume:
oh gosh...my brain is out there...and now coming under the interesting influences on this site it really opening my creative channels...this is 2 tracks of bass and drums... and i sang a part I wrote in stereo...then did a completely ad libed part on another stereo track....and then mixed the two...It's bizzare but i dig it...lol... yes i laugh at my own jokes too..
my son came out of the bedroom while I was singing part of this...our eyes met and we both just started roaring in laughter... I mean what does he think of his teenage father? 
shimerin and shaking the earth is baking, and here we are watching with a cold drink in our hands.. We all comment on the state of things, as we watch the toilet drain...watch the toilet drain...
Urinal....sink, the state of the onion is dank, oh yes, oh yes, the state of the union is dank...the state of the union is dank
shimmering and shaking, the earth is quakng, and I'm starting to resonate with Tim's gloom...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

StephenM

Please feel free to speculate what this song might mean.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Bluesberry

wow...zoinks...kapow...I like it a lot...it reminds me of something off Neil Young's fantastic album "sleeps with angels"...maybe it is a demo of an outtake from that fevered dream of an album.....what does it all mean...well it feels like just barely contained chaos ...but it is all held together by a wild loose-tight groove of hope...which diretion are we going to go...heaven or hell kind of stuff going on...I love the laugh solo in the middle...

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

BerryPatch

Very off the wall, but also very cool. I like the loose groove you've concocted here. That sort of "loose tight" feel is very hard to capture but you do it wonderfully here.

TPB

Well here we go bunch of years ago smoking some foul smelling stuff and listening to Frank Zappa That is what this reminds me of.
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Farrell Jackson

I need to go find and load up my special pipe and give this another listen, lol! The State of the Onion is Dank.....I bet your son was wondering about you.....Well done Stephen in a creative, bizarre way (a compliment)!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Pine

There is no right or wrong in music. It's meant to meet the listener on his own ground. I hear fun. I hear an artist enjoying himself. Fun seems to diminish as we get older, at least it has for me, especially in this age of pandemic. I think this song is trying to be a musical antidote to a gloomy world. That laughter...
Laughter is Big Medicine. Too bad it isn't as contagious as Covid.
recorder
Boss BR-1200

kenny mac

Hints of Devo in there with a pinch of the velvet underground.
Theres alot in there when listening on headphones.
That laugh kind of freaked me out lol.
Cool.

Ferryman

It's right up my bonkers street (but you probably guessed that). I love the two basses and drums to death. The basses sound superb and the way you ignore "traditional" bass playing is brilliant. The basses sound lyrical and musical and go great with the drums. Loved that, loved the way you just went for it as well.

The lyrics? Well who knows, they cracked me up in parts, I took away from them that it's too easy to sit back and say someone should do something to address all the problems the world has without doing something about it yourself. But maybe I'm wrong, maybe you just had a bit too much to smoke/drink.....  ;)

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Hilary

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça