Sinister Sid

Started by thetworegs, February 20, 2021, 08:54:04 AM

thetworegs

Sinister Sid
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I'm not sure where this one come from it was going to be a sad love song for the end of my RPM album but this came out instead....Thanks for listening
His name was Sid
He was a miserable git
I never did like that man at all
He was greedy
He was nasty
With his in-pure thoughts and his dirty dreams
He could not live in a world
Where the pleasant people lived
Sid
Sid
Sinning
Sinning Sid
Sid couldn't love
Sid couldn't hold a candle to anyone
Thats why he murdered maimed and killed
He killed 

The police were puzzled
His routes was not planned
Sid
Was  sinister
Sinister Sid
Thats what the newspapers said
Sinister Sid
He murdered maimed and killed
The weeks went by and another one died
All were afraid
All
All
All
Were, were filled with fear

It took 173 days
to catch sinister Sid at play
Detective Sargent Andrew Jones caught him
And sent him up before the judge  Nick
Now sinister Sid sits in a cell for a hundred years
Before he goes down to hell

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

BerryPatch

Heavy stuff. Reminds me of what Tom Waits 80s stuff must stuff sound like (still have to listen to him). Great bar room piano and some crazy, frightening lyrics.

Farrell Jackson

You went to the dark side on this one Regs and I love it!  Sinister Sid is a bad dude, too bad it took 173 days to get him  8). I like the bluesy feel to this one Trevor!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Bluesberry

Its crazy man...the crazy Reg side of life...that vocal is downright sinister......sheeeet......its like a golden oldie from the Reg collection....brought forward into the modern times for a listen....spooky for sure...I may not sleep good tonight

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

StephenM

Jim Morrison sounding vocals to me.... very cool look into the dark side of a perp given over to evil....  hard to understand....

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ferryman

Very cool, very dark and very innovative. Really good piano and percussion here Trev, very clever and they work well together. The lyrics and vocals are pretty dark but effective, although for me they are a bit lost in the mix when listening on monitors. But still a very different and intriguing piece of work, well done.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

tonyc

cool tune love the piano those little licks sound great , nice vocal .....cheers tony cee
recorder
Zoom HD16

Gritter

I definitely get a Doors feel on this. It's like a quiet backstage jam session with the ghost of Jim Morrison. Creepy cool. 

Ray Brookes

Certainly a sinister sounding track, Trevor and I can also feel a Doors vibe. Eerie lyrics and as always - great vocals.
Ray Brookes

Mike_S

You got the mood just right for those lyrics with that sparse bluesy piano. The lyrics are great and I didn't expect where it was leading to so that was a bit of a shock while listening. Really enjoyed this.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand