You Won't Get By by BerryPatch

Started by BerryPatch, February 19, 2021, 07:47:12 PM

Johnbee

Wow!  This is NICE!  Never been much of a Floyd fan, but this feels so good.  Love the changes and melody.
 :) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

Bluesberry

Quote from: Hook on February 25, 2021, 01:33:10 PMI do have to say though, that as soon as you started to sing I thought it was your dad...really polished up.
Thats funny Hook....really polished up.....thats an understatement......Keith kicks my but in the singing department.....I may get him to sing on all my songs going forward....I could never sing it like that.....he is a natural.

This is a very interesting song...lyrically it appears to be about the act of songwriting and the mysterious thing called inspriation....and when it comes, you have to grab it quick and go with it or it will be gone and alll you are left with is random jamming/noodling that doesn't amount to much....very true....and when you are in that state/zone of inspiration it feels like it is always sunny and everything feels great...but when inspiration passes, it feels like a rainy day.....I find the lyrics to be so spot on in describing this mysterious thing called inspiration/songwriting/creativity.....it seems to describe the act very well...great job Keith

And then the song seems to mirror the lyrical idea...it starts out with just random piano chords...and some words come to mind, running through your head, verse 1....and then suddenly whooooosh, you are fully engulfed by the zone...which is the chorus...where the song really takes off.....and you stay in that zone all the way to the end...and then just as suddenly as it came, it is gone....and all you have left is some random noodling about ...which is how the song ends....it seems to mirror the lyrical idea perfectly

and of course...in real time this song was totally born out of pure inspiration...you whipped this beauty off in a couple of days, hours really.....it was incredibly fast from initial messing about on the piano to a finished song...and what a monster it is....just what the song is about.....facinating really......great job Keith, what a fantastic song.....I flipping love it.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

pjd1

Wow !!! this is good !! if this was playing in a pub i would put my beer down and listen to you playing this  !! love the the keyboard track and the chord structure which appeals to my ears and my core musical inner being , the vocals and the tune are the icing on the cake , a fine composition and production , greats stuff and the some !!

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

Kenneth

Fantastic! I can hear the influences, but this has a life of it's own.
Beautiful work Keith.

I'm hoping for a Bluesberry/ BerryPatch collab... will it happen?
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman