You Won't Get By by BerryPatch

Started by BerryPatch, February 19, 2021, 07:47:12 PM

Pine

The PF vibe is there....gotta love that.  I liked all of this, but your vocals were the stars. They shined. Well phrased and sung. Another very nice tune rising from the BerryPatch!
recorder
Boss BR-1200

chapperz66

Great song.  Yes, it nods to PF but still very original.  Love the Hammond but the vocal is brilliant.

Paul

Gritter

Very cool song, well put together. Brilliant songwriting Keith.

Mike_S

Really impressed with how you managed to add the drums on after the bulk of it was already done. That is not an easy thing to do. So definitely shades of Floyd, but it definitely has bags of it's own unique character. Great vocal but most of all, this is just a really powerful track.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Redler

Im big fan of PF and this could be "a lost track" by them! Superb job on every way - enjoyable listening!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

StephenM

The last few days I have working on the front porch of our home....and I have been playing the latest song post jukebox incessantly....and I must say it is really enjoyable from top to bottom...lots of very wonderful music and lyrics and singing...and recording...just wonderful stuff.... This song here was noticeably brilliant to me....though... different people like different kinds of music...for me I have been blessed to really appreciate and love many kinds of music....it's not hard for me.... this song if wicked good... (that's how they used to say it in upstate NY)

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Greeny

I really, really like where you're coming from and where you're going to with your music.

That chorus chord change and lift off - man, that made me jealous! Superb songwriting. I like everything about this. Performance, structure and production choices are all stellar. This feels like a cover of an old classic. Feels more like Wings-era Macca than Floyd to me.

I like that noodly little fade out too, but I wanted it to come back for another gig chorus :-)

Serious talent!

tonyc

sounds great very pink floyed  sound nice vocal and a catchy chorus ......cheers tony cee
recorder
Zoom HD16

Hook

Hello BerryPatch, welcome and thank you for this wonderful song. I love it brother, it does have a dreamy feel that floats along an incredibly peaceful, lazy river. Nicely done...I do have to say though, that as soon as you started to sing I thought it was your dad...really polished up. I'm sure he's super proud.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

cuthbert

I'm not really familiar with most of later Floyd (more of a Syd fan myself), but this sounds excellent to me. Very strong chorus, and your vocals and piano playing really carries it along. It sounds magic, and that's not an easy thing to do.

Well done, Keith!

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase