You Won't Get By by BerryPatch

Started by BerryPatch, February 19, 2021, 07:47:12 PM

BerryPatch

You Won't Get By MP3
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Well, I guess this turned out into a full song. The other night I was just screwing around on the piano (as I do) and came up with the verse progression trying to think of a "Pink Floyd" type thing. I recorded to the BR 1200 with no metronome and just intended to send the file to my friends to work on but I thought to myself "dammit, I'll just use er".

I wrote the lyrics in about a half an hour (WAY quicker than it usually takes me) and layed down the vocals and Garageband organ. I thought I'd just post it the way it was but something was missing. Tonight, I overdubbed the rest on, including me playing the Roland e-drum kit for something different.

While it isn't totally perfect (I may have recorded a thing or two too loudly), I thought it was a good enough idea and it came together quite nicely all things considered. Enjoy...

Easy now
The ideas in your head want to scream out aloud
You try to write them down but nothing can be mend
Creativity always bites you in the end
But who can you pretend

You won't get by on me this time around
As far as I can see the sun is high
But another rainy day may come again
and ask of me as if I were a friend

Here it comes
This inspiration only lasts a minute of my time
Perhaps I'm out of mind
What am I even saying
A lack of words might numb the silence and the pain
There's nothing more to blame

You won't get by on me this time around
As far as I can see the sun is high
But another rainy day may come again
and ask of me as if I were a friend

You won't get by on me

StephenM

absolutely positively wonderful and yes... a for sure bit like the great Pink Floyd....the vocals with the keyboards are just awesome....those backing vocals....wow... drums are very good too...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

thetworegs

Excellent vocal love that Floyd vibe running through the mix of piano and vocal ....oh yes you've hit the spot2 with this one

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Hilary

I really, really like this - apart from being such a good musician you've got a lovely quality to your voice and the lyrics are spot on.

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

hardlock

This number is great! Starts sort of basic but that chorus kills and the harmonies seal the deal for me! Fine piece of work!
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Ferryman

I enjoyed this very much Keith, it works really well. You put the idea of Pink Floyd in my head so as soon as I heard the opening chords I thought of Obscured by Clouds. It's got a very similar feel to the Floyd of that era (especially "Stay") and that's one of my my fave Floyd albums (it's usually ignored). So I really liked the feel of this track.

I think you put this together really well. Nothing sounds out of place to me, it's a nice gentle groove that gradually builds and the harmonies are stunning and really create a powerful lift. I like the way the piano and guitar play off each other and you did a great job with the drums as well. The lyrics really fit the mood of the song as well, very nicely done.

This is really good stuff, I loved it and please keep tracks like this coming!

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Farrell Jackson

Oh yes I can hear the PF vibe! I think your meter and timing are very good for not using a click track or metronome. I like the way you build up the song as it goes along with additional instruments and your voices. A wonderful job!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

maxit

WOW, that's a super cool song, and I really admire the full rock sound you're able to create. Bravo Keith!
recorder
Audacity

IanR

I was thinking Pink Floyd, even before I read your post.

I think Dave Gilmour, or the other guy, would be proud to perform this.

Really great. I enjoyed it right through.

Ian

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Ray Brookes

This is a very fine piece of work, Keith and I'm impressed that you produced this w/out a click track or met. I love those swirling chords a la Floyd and the harmonies are stellar. Excellent job; well done.
Ray Brookes