"Gone" by The Stan Laurels (Final Mix and Original 2002 Shit-Mix)

Started by Bosko Schwartz, June 01, 2009, 09:45:07 PM

Bosko Schwartz

Gone
Time:
0:00
Volume:
;D :-[ :D :-\ ;) :'( :o :P :) :-\ ;D :'( >:( :-\ ;D :-[ :D :( :) >:( :o ;D :-[ :) :o :'( :-[ :o ;D ;) :P ::) :-X :'( :) :D ;D >:( >:( >:( ??? ??? ??? :'( :'( :'( :-X :-X :-X=
The insanity mixing this song has caused me.

OK, drums are back up to where they needed to be.  Guitars too.  Vox are a little lower than I wanted them in some parts, but they were hitting the ceiling and that was the best I could do without completely starting over.

I am tired of F-ing with this one, so please let me know if it's album-ready.  But BE HONEST, don't be nice just to shut me up.  As always, thanks in advance for the feedback!
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

Geir

Take a bow Bosko !!!!

This is a wrapper for sure!!!!!!!!! 

Been listening to this for several times now (missing my favorite radio show Popquiz) and I can't find anything I'd want to change!! And I'v been listening to all versions now (didn't get in to comment on version 2 but I've compered with this one).
The changes between version 2 and three are not necessary imho just a matter of taste and what you like to emphasize in the song. I think you need to raise the vox more in the 3rd mix.

Thank you for putting so much effort in your music and striving for perfection. It sure gives great results !!!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Bro

Wow the mix really had you there didn't it?! :D

Great job, i really love the vox! I wish i had that skill when it comes to record drums!

I really like the guitars too! Really a awesome song!
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

OsCKilO

This is an attempt at pefection!

It's not an attempt any more.........
You Got there!

This is such a massive production!!!!

I'm getting hints of Radiohead and Keane in your own unique style!
Sounds Oldschool at the same time!

Great track!!!!

Peace

T(Osckilo)

I Keep forgetting to check this board and miss out on great stuff like this!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Bluesberry

Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes.  Oh yeah did I also mention; YES.  A big f*ck*ng Y*S.  I don't find the vocals too low in any section to my ears, it is still very prominent.  You are right about the guitars, the rhythm strum is very clear now.  I think this is pretty clear sounding for all that you have going on here.  Its time to stop fussing with this one IMHO.  Good job.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

launched

Quote from: Geir on June 06, 2009, 03:55:38 AMTake a bow Bosko !!!!

I'll have to aggree with what Geir said - several listens later and I have not spotted anything my simple mind could pick up. As a matter of fact, I just keep getting blown away by the complexity and fantastic use of your talent and equipment.

Added volume to the drum tracks was an important change - that's all I noticed from the previous post.

The biggest treat I get is your ability to isolate each instrument and be able to hear everything at once without missing something, which is incredible! And then bring a part out when you feel it's needed (A little bass growl, panned trem git, panned trite sounding rhythm git, brilliant solo - perfect!!).

Album Ready, I say. But, it's a free country so keep picking away if you want to.. :D

Until the next time,

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Frank53

Man, this is great, Bosko. Terrific mix; full and balanced throughout. Love the doubling on the vocal and the tremolo guitar. Good level on the drums; just the right punch.

Yeah, I think you can put this one to bed. Great work!
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.

Bosko Schwartz

;D ;D ;D    ;D ;D ;D    ;D ;D ;D    ;D ;D ;D    ;D ;D ;D    ;D ;D ;D

That's 3 giant smiles for each of you who have taken the time to write such wonderful comments that have given me back my sanity.  THANK YOU, Geir, 0jimi0, Osckilo, Bluesberry, launched, and Frank53!!!

Each of you are incredibly talented and accomplished songwriters and musicians.  If you say it's a wrap, I agree, it's a wrap.  I am happy to be able to put this one on the shelf until the album is ready for release.

If you want to hear the evolution of a song in action, I will soon post the ORIGINAL mix I did of this song about 6 or 7 years ago on the BR-8.  It's absolutely horrid.  Makes you appreciate the final mix even more.

Thanks again, guys! ;D
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

Kody

I just wanted to throw in a WOW.

(WOW!)

Thanks for sharing, Bosko!  I saw the post where you said you have a "28 kick....man, that's monsterous!!  My brother's a long time drummer~ I'm gonna have to show him your stuff!  Please post a pic of your kit if you can....that would be awesome... What mics do you use? And how do you use them?  You have a very polished sound, you make me proud, brother!!LOL!

Ooops, that was a little more than a WOW, but damnnnnnn......
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

The Reverend 48

Sounds Perfect to me...I take my hat off to such polished work......