I Guess Life Goes On

Started by Mike_S, February 15, 2021, 04:16:28 PM

Pine

Depression is some really nasty shit. Dealt with it all my life..in my family (mom had 2 attempts at suicide), in my professional life for almost 20 years, and in my personal life, where the Black Dog has followed me most of my adult life. You really did a great job of painting this picture of your friend, Mike. Depressed people are experts at hiding the issue, and the last thing they want to do is drag a friend down... so they put on a happy face and in the end, friends say.."geez, i never knew" The instrumental arrangement worked really well with your vocals. As a song, it just clicks on all levels. It's a great tribute song..honest and heartfelt. Hats off to you for diving into your memories and emotions and sharing this song.
recorder
Boss BR-1200

SE

First off a very  well crafted song so very  well recorded, especially loving  the  vocal and guitar.
A great  tribute to your  friend, metal health issues are so over looked, my condolences even after all this time.
recorder
Boss BR-80

T.C. Elliott

The lyric is well written, not overly wrought but still effective in connecting emotionally. I think your vocal performance is the best bit. I can only think this would be a hard one to sing. That chorus is simple lyrically but works perfectly. I'm glad you were able to share this with us. I hope it brings you some small comfort. I would feel blessed if someone cared enough to write and produce a song like this for me.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London