Member Status (milestones)

Started by Kody, June 01, 2009, 06:58:10 PM

Wiley

don't know how I missed this post.  Was a great laugh reading through it and I think it is a great idea to honor those at 1,000 and so on.  But I would leave the newbies or listeners alone.  Not everyone is as noisy?, outspoken? or loudmouthed as we are. LOL  I know I was very afraid to make my first post.  It took me two weeks to speak up and now you can't shut me up!! Ha Ha!!

Tony W

Quote from: Ted on June 03, 2009, 12:36:40 AM4000 = Unemployed
6000 = Divorced
8000 = Living with Mom again in basement
10000 = Basement converted to studio

Maybe because its late, Maybe because I am sitting in my office/not exactly recording studio because its too noisy (yes it IS in the basement), maybe because my girlfriend went to bed 2+ hours ago, maybe because I cracked out my 15 watt practice amp so I could practice "playing with myself" - thanks for that 48...

I find this post to be the funniest thing I've read in a long time.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

SteveB

recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

BossMicroBRew

Quote from: SteveB on June 26, 2009, 02:31:47 PMFor non-posters: Still Boxed

Perfect.

I had a good laughing looking at all of these. What a creative bunch we are.
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

Greeny

I'll be on 3000 before anything happens with this, lol !!!!

Diego Ayala

I found all these posts quite entertaining to read...  I am still trying to figure things out and finding time to just do music and/exchange music and ideas, well it is tough.  I joined this forum to expand my abilities as a "home based" music studio recorder, and most definetly to exchange/share music and ideas.  Member Status does not realy mean much to me at this point in time, as I am @ the kindergattten level of recording and adding instrumentation to all of my songs - and it will take me a while to attain my personal recording goals - that is 35 + years of songs and ideas...

I agree with wiley - and there are a lot of introverted muscians out there... and it does take time to read posts/listen to songs/ and reply/add posts.

Personaly, I would like to see member status be based on # of songs posted using the categories presently on hand - and personal postings to other musician's songs to be a separate category.  Or maybe work on some kind of a weighted average based on songs posted, average reply per song posted, and average posting (involvement) by musician.  or.....

And then, add some good things to the forum --- like a free vacation for 2 to an Island Paradise for 3 days for attaining - say 20 songs posted; 5 days for 40 songs, and on and so forth --- just and idea Pedro! ha!

"Knowledge Speaks
Wisdom Listens"  Jimi H.

guitarron

greeny would be living in "island paradise"
orh too

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Diego Ayala

Quote from: guitarron on July 04, 2009, 10:02:50 AMgreeny would be living in "island paradise"
orh too

I suppose that sooner or later we would all end up joining him - hehe!  Maybe we can just stipulate - from now on...ha!!!

upsetminded

Just in case if the "Virgin Member" status requirements get higher I better post more.

I think being a newbie is nice, but more accurately we who post less might be "Shy Members" or "Quieter (is that a word?) Members" 

I'm speaking for quite a few who don't post often...Please don't consider me a lurker or a taker... It's just that many times what I may want to comment has already been said by someone else....Maybe I should start sending my comments to myself over registered mail (Just a small joke after reading the copyright music thread).

Anyway I'm trying to come out of my shell and post some music...
This was a funny thread to read anyhow.
I'd rather be cool than be loved. - Courtney Taylor

Geir

Hey "upsetminded" !!! hope you post your music soon. It's about time ;D No ... do it when it's right for you. But commenting on others posts don't have to be that complicated. Just a couple of words can make a big difference for those who gets them. And if someone else have said it before .... so what? post anyway !!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........