Member Status (milestones)

Started by Kody, June 01, 2009, 06:58:10 PM

Kody

Super-Duper Member? Legend Member?  Golden Veteran Member?

...........lol!!
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

64Guitars

This site currently assigns one of several status labels to each member based on the number of posts they've made. The current ranking is as follows:

0 to 49Newbie
   50 to 99Jr. Member
   100 to 249Full Member
   250 to 499       Sr. Member
   500 and upHero Member

I'd like to ask for suggestions here to expand and improve this list. Obviously, we need some good labels for significant milestones like 1000, 2000, and 5000 posts, etc. But I think we should also have some special designations for members who seldom, if ever, post and these should be mildly embarassing to encourage them to participate. I was browsing through the member list just now with the data sorted by number of posts. Out of 63 pages at 30 members per page, I was shocked to find that there are currently 41 pages of members who haven't posted a single message! I think these members should be labeled "Virgin". Hopefully, they'll be anxious to lose their virginity and post something. And maybe we should have another mildly embarassing label for members with 1 to 4 posts, just to encourage them to be more active.

Anyway, let's hear your suggestions so Pedro can expand the list.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

launched

I like the virgin member category - or at least "gleaner", or "taker".

Also, in my opinion, the labels should be "BR" or "Boss" related somehow. Maybe somebody who has a couple hundred posts or so should be a "Bossman"!

Possibly is a copyright issue, but I have already influenced 3 purchases for a micro due to this site - don't see how it could hurt them.

Anyway, my two Abraham's.

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Tony

Well, the ones who don't post but only read are not going to be posting just to disagree.  I think it's a bad idea.  If someone wants to join the forum and read but doesn't have anything to say, who is that harming?  Leave them be.  Everyone else seems to have plenty to say without talking about them.

Geir

As many people seem to be against segregation of post with respect to what recorder used, I think it would be in this sites spirit to just have one (or maybe 2) categories :

:D Happy Member  !!

if 2 :
 ::) "Virgin" (until posting in introduce yourself .. then happy  :D   ...)

cheers
Geir (Hero Member)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Greeny

I think 5,000 is the ultimate one. What about 'Legend' as a title for that? And special coloured stars?

Hm... 1,000. What about 'Super-Hero' as a logical next step?

As for 2,000, I don't think it's right for me to make a suggestion! I'll have to leave it to you guys to come up with something... lol

Geir

Quote from: Greeny on June 02, 2009, 03:02:25 AMAs for 2,000, I don't think it's right for me to make a suggestion! I'll have to leave it to you guys to come up with something... lol
How about "Green Member" ???
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Greeny

Oldrottenhead

i think for 2000 + it's should be "buy this man/woman a beer" the fact i am approaching my 2000 has no bearing on this suggestion.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

launched

Quote from: Tony on June 02, 2009, 01:21:54 AMWell, the ones who don't post but only read are not going to be posting just to disagree.  I think it's a bad idea.  If someone wants to join the forum and read but doesn't have anything to say, who is that harming?  Leave them be.  Everyone else seems to have plenty to say without talking about them.

I agree, Tony - I wouldn't want to bother or upset anyone - Lord knows it's a really heavy feeling starting off here. This is the first forum I've actually joined personally. But to be fair, I've visited sites (Mostly for business) where there is definitely a wink-wink to get involved. Maybe just do something like that...

Greeny, maybe it is better to just "Extend" what we have already...

Geir, I am so freakin' happy... All the time!!! :D

ORH, I would BREW you some beer if I could find a cheap way to get it over there!!

"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover