Outlier

Started by Ferryman, February 10, 2021, 09:07:46 AM

Ferryman

Outlier
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Songcrafters is a great place BUT....................

There simply aren't enough doom-laden metal influenced post-rock instrumentals on this site.

So single-handedly I am setting about changing that. Here's one such ditty, all recorded on my Bass VI through my fancy pedalboard. Individual tracks all recorded on the BR-800 then uploaded to my DAW for mixing and then mastering in Ozone 9.

The drums are onboard BR 800 drums, slightly reprogrammed and with replacement crash and hi-hat sounds.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

BerryPatch

Awesome! You totally nailed that Sleep/Kyuss stoner rock sound. Bass sounds very thick with that heavy distortion. I totally dig it!

Flash Harry

You're right - More please!

This is great, replacing the cymbals is a good move, what a difference that makes.

And the sounds you get out of that weird bass and the tortuous electronicals are amazing. Doom laden, the Covids/Zombies/taxmen are after you and you feel every pounding step as they approach.

Fabulous.

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

tonyc

wow sounds superb . those drums sound great what a great tune love it and the mix is fantastic ..cool ......cheers tony cee
recorder
Zoom HD16

Ray Brookes

Awesome sound and fantastic production skills. Echos of doom and very sinister. Fabulous drum programming and that bass sound is sensational.
Ray Brookes

Hilary

I thought it was quite driving, like pushing through - it that makes any sense.

Epic as always, congrats Mr Ferryman.
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

WarpCanada

Do you master with Ozone9 in standalone mode?   I'd like to know how you set up the custom drum setup on the boss also.

I definitely got some doom vibes and some sort of dystopian sci-fi action flick soundtrack feeling.    Very cool song.
Warren
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Cubase

recorder
Bitwig Studio

British Columbia Canada

StephenM

must be me but I hear no doom....or gloom....just really, really big sound.... like a wall of sound... I am listening to this on my work speakers (Presonus 3.5 inch ref monitors,,,,,not at all bad)..... this reminds me of a Rush track....and that is one of my favorite bands.... the bass is slightly like Ted Nugent on Stranglehold....you know I am always going to notice the bass, or lack there of.... we need more of your work on here.....thanks...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Kenneth

First thing that came to mind is Rush. Its got that definite thing that they do, hard to capture, but you did it.

I love it.
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

Kenneth

This track deserves more from a comment...
First off, the drum programming is fantastic... I know how hard that is to make it sound free, nicely done.
I love the chorus / chord grind that does that thing Alex Lifeson does. Brilliant.

We have to wait awhile for a track from you Nigel, but its worth the wait.

"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman