Bizarre old Alex lifeson video

Started by Mike_S, February 09, 2021, 02:59:14 PM

Mike_S

Bizarre old footage of a very young Alex Lifeson arguing with his parents about his future...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M977GFRWDmY
recorder
iPad GarageBand

BerryPatch

This truly is bizarre! It's almost like this was a scene from a movie with all the cuts and shot angles. It's also revealing to hear Alex had a son early. Wonder if he saw him much once Rush got big.

Ferryman

It is a bit weird that it looks like a movie. But it could have been a discussion in my house in the 1970s......

Funny thing is that now the conversation would go like this:

Mum, dad, my electric guitar teacher at school says I'm really good and should do music full time.
That's great dear, let's look at colleges where you can do a degree in music technology. Let's see if we can get you on to the X-Factor in the meantime....

How times have changed.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

AndyR

It's from a 1973 Canadian documentary film called Come On Children about 10 teenagers.

He's credited as Alex Zivojinovich in the film.

I'm fairly certain some of the footage in Rush's excellent film Beyond The Lighted Stage come from the same source.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

pjd1

Could have been me and me Dad round about the time of starting my musical adventures as a teenager , did not have his level of skills by any means , and it shows you how committed at a young age he was , and sure of himself ,

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

StephenM

well, real or made up...these are very real issues that families face... whatever the case, I am glad Alex chose what he did...because i love his guitar playing and Rush...thanks for sharing this Mike

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner