Anybody here use other (GASP!) mixing equipment besides your BR?

Started by dwardzala, June 01, 2009, 06:25:59 PM

OsCKilO

Two MBR's Work Great (Mine and Kai's).......

You can even get rid of "Hum's" (When you leave power cables too close to the Guitar) using them........

Software gets confusing for us........ and my lap top is to Poo to see a project through without crashing!

Audcity leaves Clicks and we stray away from it other than to Normalize!
But is great for Fading in a track (Still leaves a click).........

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

AndyR

Interesting you saying that about Normalize osckilo - I used it a hell of a lot in Cakewalk and Audacity (only the latter for digitising vinyl so far...).

I really thought I was going to miss Normalising on the MBR - but strangely enough, I haven't at all - I'd almost forgotten it :o. With the MBR, I seem to be able to get decent levels to disk without distortion... mebbe I've just been lucky so far!

And 64G - thanks for that about an external drive. We already use one on the missus's PC for pictures and our general media library (and back-ups of my recording projects when I get round to it... no MBR stuff has made it on there yet). I was wondering about getting another a while back for my laptop - you've reminded me how much easier life might become if I did :D
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Ferryman

MBR only and proud of it. Nothing else is needed, apart from strong pointy fingers to keep pressing all those tiny buttons.

The whole point for me is the immediacy of the MBR. I don't have room for a studio, nor do I have the time to faff around with mixers and DAW. I just plug my instruments into the MBR and go. I love it!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

cheers Nigel, way to go !! and the best way to keep the creativity .. computers seem to have a fan that blows it away .. tho' I must admit I've used it a couple of times ... but less and less ....
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

guitarron

i use my pc less and less since getting a br600-mostly use pc for drums
computers suck the the life out of creativity it seems

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

SdC

Quote from: guitarron on June 04, 2009, 06:57:19 AMi use my pc less and less since getting a br600-mostly use pc for drums
computers suck the the life out of creativity it seems
that could've been me saying that, except for the drums bit. I only use the PC now for uploading the mixdown to bossbr.net and an mp3 player  :D

recorder
Boss BR-600

guitarron

if it werent for the virtual intruments and audacity-my pc would be relegated to just internet
i havent bothered upgrading sonar(i used to upgrade regularly)

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand