Fence Sitter by BerryPatch

Started by BerryPatch, February 05, 2021, 06:51:21 PM

BerryPatch

Fence Sitter MP3
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This track was two years in the making of off and on tinkering but its finally done. A bit of a bouncer with some somewhat biting lyrics I suppose. The drums were arranged by me in garageband every else was recorded by me into the old man's BR 1200.

Epiphone Viola Bass
Gibson Les Paul (through Fender Blues Junior)
Shure SM 58 (Vocals and Guitar)
Korg Digital Piano
Pocket Organ
He's so right, he's so neat
Never wearing socks always got cold feet
Somewhat charming but never too alarming
Status Quo for society

He's a fence sitter
More than just a quitter
Just another cog in the clay
Just a somebody and don't you think it's funny how nothing ever turns out that way

In his direction he's showered with affection
His audience politely agrees
But looking over there's no one left to soldier
Or front his personalities

He's a fence sitter
More than just a quitter
Something in the way he speaks
Always got another time to show how things aren't as they seem

Try it
Don't deny it
You think that it's all a game
Started brokenhearted
Now you feel, now feel the same

Waiting on another sign
Did it ever come?

StephenM

whoopie!!!!! this is big....wow.... so many things to like here...as in every bit of it....vocals, music, creativity, super...... this will be fun hearing your stuff....and it's ok if that took 2 years because it's really good...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Frank53

Excellent song. Good structure and wordsmithing. Nice bridge.
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.

64Guitars

Excellent. I like the piano and all the little guitar licks that compliment it. The slide guitar is really cool. The vocals are great too. And you did a great job programming the drums in GarageBand.

[error: gif image
recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

pjd1

I am impressed with this composition very well constructed and performed , loved the vocals and the guitar playing, you have set a very high standard in your music , with this expertly recorded track , i look fwd to hearing more of your music and songs , really enjoyed it , great stuff

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

Farrell Jackson

You've put together an excellent song. It ticks a lot of boxes on things I like in a song...ie. good vocals and harmonies, the interaction between piano, guitar, drums and bass, a bit of slide, and a fine mix! Put up another one!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Flash Harry

Oh Wow - this is a cracker, so well put together and so well played/programmed/recorded/mixed/produced etc.

A fine track - lots of polish, its maturity really shows.

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Oldrottenhead

Gaun yersel baby BB well impressed pa BB should be proud as punch. Downloaded for further listening.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Pine

Sounds like a good deal of time and effort went into this one.

I liked the dynamics. Well written and performed on all counts. Nice mix of instrumentation.

Thanks for posting the lyrics. The vocals are mixed like they are on most all songs these days, which is just a bit too low for my fading hearing. Reading along made listening a much nicer experience. Nice job!
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Blooby

Damn, such a super nice song and production. I think the subtext here is to take your time for excellence.

Bugger, I just don't have that in me.

Welcome.

Blooby