"One Day Soon" w/Lurker

Started by Blooby, January 31, 2021, 06:54:35 PM

Blooby

One Day Soon - Lurker & Blooby
Time:
0:00
Volume:

Mixing reggae has proven vexing. This has been compounded by a rediscovered kinship to Jack Daniels.

With Lurker on vox/lyrics.

Blooby

Lurker

I called this song "One Day Soon". Some people don't listen. Or do they....

This could mean war.

Ray Brookes

Cool atmospheric track and lovely guitar work. Great vocal too.
Ray Brookes

StephenM

really cool style to me...it's unique because it is kind of reggae and kind of rock.... interesting lyrical theme...excellent vocal delivery... and extremely clean recording... great team....

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Greeny

Very nice, boys. The chords have a moody edge that I like. Bitter-sweet, despite the uplifting lyric. Probably the perfect mix for these times. Total class on everything here, and I like that it's reggae-tinged but not 'obvious'. Fine work!

Jack Daniels sounds like a decent sound engineer to me.

chapperz66

A great song chaps.  I think the reggae-rock thing works really well here.  Sort of uplifting although tinged with a bit of sadness.

Mix is very good despite the spiritual involvement.  Jim Beam would have been rougher.

Paul

tonyc

nice tune . love the reggae type felling , nice well worth another listen .  ....cheers tony cee
recorder
Zoom HD16

Oldrottenhead

Magic guys, i could murder a Jack Daniels right now.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Bluesberry

Jack Daniels you say.......crispy crunchy guitars....and that soaring vocal....wow what a vocal this is .... sweet as honey

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ferryman

Wow, this is a bit different. It's got a reggae influence but I was also getting a Police-y vibe in the way it uses that influence, and the vox certainly sound a bit like Sting in places (in a good way!). Lovely guitar work, love the solo and the choppy rhythm guitars. It's a great sound all round, and the vocals are superbly sung and recorded. A fab listen, well done guys!

Mind you, shouldn't you have been on the rum to get the right inspiration for reggae.....?

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR