soundclips of my amp that I found in the trash.

Started by shiggity, June 01, 2009, 01:30:40 PM

Blooby

Wow, that amp sounds fantastic!  Nice and warm with the tiniest bit of "quack."  May I ask what kind of guitar/pickups are being used for this recording?

Your most excellent playing helps matters as well.

What a score.  You've inspired me to go dumpster-diving.  So far, I have a warm Rheingold beer, a wispy fan (strong with the stench of cinnamon), a decapitated Matt Mason astronaut action figure, and two used condoms.

I'm willing to trade it all for a Silvertone amp, though.

Blooby

Facemask93

Hey shiggity just listened to your download mate , and it is frackin awsome , tonewise superb , playing ! well i could listen to this all night , hats off to you pal

Facemask93

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

OsCKilO

Sounds Amazing!

I could listen to this All day!

Strange, but the tune has a kind of"Down and out" melancholy about it...... 
Like the Amp has spent to much time unloved, but has finally found hope!

I think it's your playing that turned out the best in it though!

Quote from: Blooby on June 01, 2009, 03:03:29 PMWhat a score.  You've inspired me to go dumpster-diving.  So far, I have a warm Rheingold beer, a wispy fan (strong with the stench of cinnamon), a decapitated Matt Mason astronaut action figure, and two used condoms.

I'm willing to trade it all for a Silvertone amp, though.

Blooby

LOL :D ;D :D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Sprocket

Quote from: osckilo on June 01, 2009, 06:17:57 PM......Like the Amp has spent to much time unloved, but has finally found hope!

See thats the thing that baffles me, and why I asked if his wife bought the story...cause that amp is in GREAT shape, somebody obviously LOVED this amp. Its a late 70s model at the latest

That faceplate is sparkling and scratch-free, grill cloth looks perfect...and the point to point electronics have been updated.
Who would throw it away????? Thats what I dont get.
Seriously, a week later, Id go back to that house and ask "WTF? Seriously...I cant sleep at night, Im dying to know! Why??"

BTW Shiggity, the only thing that looks iffy is that chord...it looks thin, like it wasnt upgraded to the 3 prong with a ground(although I have no idea what country youre in)...but that amp could potentially knock you on your ass, and us single guys could probably rot for a couple days before anybody were to finds us. So if its not got a 3 prong chord, take it to an amp tech asap! It wont cost you much.

BTW have you cranked it yet??? Its got a decent clean, but what kinda bluesy breakup can you get out of it? Im thinking its maybe 5 - 12 watts, 10 inch speaker...I bet she screams too!

64Guitars

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Sprocket

Quote from: 64Guitars on June 01, 2009, 07:31:53 PM
Quote from: Sprocket on June 01, 2009, 07:08:34 PMWho would throw it away????? Thats what I dont get.

His wife or girlfriend.   :D

He must have died beforehand.  :D

I keep noticing more and more with the pics, but cant make out what the 3 input jacks are for? High, low and Trem?

The only downside to this amp, if it were mine...is now you kinda gotta buy a Dano or Silvertone guitar! I mean...if youre gonna get into the whole vibe/tone thing...Im a geek, what can I say? Like I need an excuse to buy more gear  :P

64Guitars

Quote from: Sprocket on June 01, 2009, 07:44:06 PM
Quote from: 64Guitars on June 01, 2009, 07:31:53 PM
Quote from: Sprocket on June 01, 2009, 07:08:34 PMWho would throw it away????? Thats what I dont get.

His wife or girlfriend.   :D

He must have died beforehand.  :D

Or he got caught playing away.   ;D

QuoteI keep noticing more and more with the pics, but cant make out what the 3 input jacks are for? High, low and Trem?

It looks like the first two are inputs and the third one is the footswitch for the tremolo.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

shiggity

wow guys, thanks for all the kind words!!! Blooby, LOF'nL

Facemask and Osckilo, thank you

Sprocket, they were only made from 69-72 from what I have found. What I was trying to figure out is if they did in fact update the electronics, why not the power cord? I am in CT by the way, so I am with ya. It did break up nice with the orig 7025 in it but doesnt seem to break up as well with the NOS RCA 12ax7 I put in her, but it sounds so dang nice like it is so I think I will keep it that way and i do have a monster boutique pedal board that I have sdpent years perfecting and this amp loves everyone of them. so cool.

and 64 is correct. inputs 1 and 2 and the third is a footswitch for the trem.

shiggity

Looking now at tube depot to get a new rectifier and power tube. She started crackaling tonight so I want to replce those first to see if it does get resolved.

I reallly hope someone wasnt just waiting for thier ride and ran in the house to get their guit real quick and I drove by and stole their amp???

shiggity

oh and its only a 8" speaker. I believe its 5 watts from what I have read.