soundclips of my amp that I found in the trash.

Started by shiggity, June 01, 2009, 01:30:40 PM

shiggity

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

so I was driving in to work the other day and I saw this amp sitting in the trash on the side of the road...

Point to point wired, all tube, clean as a whistle and sounds almost as good as my twin and better than my super... my super needs some love.
http://www.box.net/shared/97c42cs6qg

Forgive any chopiness and the noise, this was 2 takes, one lead one rhythm all off the cuff. not sure what the noise is from, def not coming from the amp.

Bluesberry

Get the hell out.  What a fabulous find, crisp, clean, beautiful tremolo.  How many watts?  This is a great recording amp!  What make is this?  Nice jam going on there by the way.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Sprocket

Is that a Silvertone/Sears amp?
And whats sick...is that it has obviously been serviced recently...thats just strange!
Did your wife believe it???

shiggity

i dont think its been serviced. I think it was just shevled its whole life. Wife dont know about, been seperated a few months now, :(

Sprocket

I say its been serviced because those orange caps arent OEM...tubes look kinda new, and that transformer doesnt look original or old either.
BTW, sorry bout the wife...but Id rather have a new amp myself.

shiggity

shiggity

well, thats good to know. sounds f'n awesome. and now I have piece of mind too!!

launched

I dream of things like this happening to me - Not a chance!! It does look super clean - and the recording you produced had a great sound!!

A working tube amp in the trash - I would take a non-working tube amp from the trash.

Later,

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Sprocket

Quote from: shiggity on June 01, 2009, 01:52:14 PMwell, thats good to know. sounds f'n awesome. and now I have piece of mind too!!

So what brand is it? Is it a Silvertone/Sears?
It just looks like that era...and kinda like a Kalamazoo.

Nevermind, I just look at your image tags...it says Silvertone in the picture title.

shiggity

oops, sorry. bit crazy at work today. yeah its a silvertone 10xl.