RIP Sylvain Sylvain of the New York Dolls

Started by Ferryman, January 15, 2021, 06:50:04 AM

Ferryman

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-55674280
Being of a punky persuasion, the New York Dolls were a massive influence on me when I was younger. Still love listening to their stuff, sad to see another one go, there's only David Johansen left now.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

RIP. They were great. And a huge influence on one of my idols Japan. They even stole their names: Sylvian, Jansen, and Karn.

cuthbert

RIP Sylvain Sylvain. I never really got into the Dolls, but I know they had their place in the transition from Glam to Punk.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

pjd1

RIP Sylvain far to young , missed this band when i was younger but was aware of the influence on the music scene at that time .
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

Ferryman

I first saw them on the UK's Old Grey Whistle Test in 1973 when they completely bamboozled the presenter, Bob Harris. That was the old confronted by the new. I rushed out and bought their first album and that helped set me on the road to punk..... :o

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR