Have you ever taken against a musician or band and had a change of heart?

Started by WarpCanada, January 08, 2021, 03:25:03 PM

Bluesberry

A band for me that i didn't have much respect for was Journey, I just thought it was all shit...well, my son was doing a thing at High School two years ago and they were perfoming "Don't stop Believing"...so I kept hearing that song over and over and I realized Steve Perry was a HELL of a singer, and the music was so frigging tight....I became intrigued...I listened to their whole catalogue from start to finish, and then started over again....I was amazed at how incredible these guys are, and Steve Perry...my god man, what a singer.....I love this band now.

I was always a Paul McCartney snob (I hate to admit it), especially the 80s output...I thought it was all rubbish....well my son was doing a Paul McCartney listening binge a little while ago...and I decided to join him so we could discuss the albums as we listened..... and so I started at McCartney I and worked all the way up to the end (Egypt Station wasn't out yet)...holy man was I ever wrong....there is literaly not a bad album in the whole list....love it all ...the guy is a musical genius and so much fun and one hell of a singer...long story short...it took me all these years to realize I was an idiot.....Ram is my all time favorite, but really, it is all frigging good...

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

StephenM

Quote from: Oldrottenhead on January 09, 2021, 06:51:49 AM
QuoteI still don't like anything Genesis did after Peter Gabriel left, but that is deep rooted in my teenage psyche and will never change...... ;D   
Ditto.

Like a lot of the guys here, i was into prog rock till punk rock knocked me for six. At the time i absolutely detested ABBA. That changed when i heard a cover of "Knowing Me Knowing You" by a favourite band of mine called "Danny Wilson".  That song is still in my opinion one of the greatest ever written, but as a punk my ears wouldn't let me hear that at the time of it's release.
Here's the Danny Wilson version.

This was an excellent cover James...loved it.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Flash Harry

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.