Washington

Started by alfstone, January 06, 2021, 01:38:29 PM

alfstone

Looking right now at what is happening in Capitol Hill...I cannot believe believe my eyes...is it true? How is it possible something like that in the biggest democracy in the world? I'm shocked...

Alfredo

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

cuthbert

It is true. And terrifying.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Mike_S

Yes, unbelievable, scary for sure. Really hope the US gets back to something like normailty soon and nothing else sparks on from this.
recorder
iPad GarageBand

alfstone

The same situation as in 1926 in Italy with Mussolini. It reminded Allende' Chile, and Spain's Tejero too.

Just few considerations.

It's incredible that, even if everybody knew what could happen since days, there was such a *light* security service. Some doubts arise, obviously.

What's the role of Republican Party?

Most of rioting people had no mask. Like they live in a parallel world. With no Covid at all.

Today USA has much less credibility as world's democracy leader.

A terrible day for the whole world.

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

cuthbert

Quote from: alfstone on January 06, 2021, 04:32:16 PMIt's incredible that, even if everybody knew what could happen since days, there was such a *light* security service. Some doubts arise, obviously.

DC has their own police force, but it's a city-sized police force. They had requested the presence of the National Guard, but this request was initially denied by the US Dept of Defense. It wasn't until several hours after the Capitol building had been invaded by these domestic terrorists that they activated the National Guard. Trump, in addition to being president of the USA is also commander-in-chief of its armed forces.

Coincidence that the initial request for National Guard troops was denied? It should be investigated...
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Jean Pierre

It is currently 6:30 am in France and I see the images on BFM TV, it's terrifying, impressive ... and somewhere predictable.
This chaos in the world's largest democracy is absolutely saddening.
How could we let this guy do what he's been doing for years?
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

StephenM

we are all getting played....good luck going forward....we are going to need it!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ray Brookes

A week or so ago I posted a song about how I'd like to see the USA. I'd still like to see the USA but not like this .....
Ray Brookes

WarpCanada

Well I posted a song (Workin Song) in which I ranted about the dude, but that was before this.  Everything I said in there goes double now.

His name is mud, he's history.  The giant raging toddler has now cost hundreds of thousands of American lives because of his botched handling of the pandemic, and his active obstruction to the institutions that ought to have protected innocent American lives.  Dismantling the pandemic readiness and response organizations, crippling the CDC,  and playing politics while people die.  Before this seditious act of fomenting insurrection, he was merely guilty of dozens of other heinous things.  After he's gone, his enablers like Ted Cruz remain around for a while.   His cronies need to go.

Apparently political conservatives in America are glad they rammed a last minute supreme court pick through, and some conservatives are pleased about the outgoing administration's work in middle east peace negotiations.  By my calculations he's easily the worst american president, ever.

I am a Canadian, not a democrat or a republican, but I'm sure glad to see a grownup in the whitehouse this coming January 20th.
Warren
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Cubase

recorder
Bitwig Studio

British Columbia Canada

Boognish

I first want to apologize to everyone over seas.
I'd say this is not America, but it is.
There is a real problem with these idiots not having the comprehensive ability to understand when they are being lied to.
Twitter weaponized to its limits, Trump's voice has been in every ear in America for 4 years daily.
It was funny before he ran. He'll never win, right?
The Republican Party can't figure out that the idiots that did this represent .0001% of this great country, and within that .0001% is Trump, their de-facto leader who can't bring himself to deny that because they adore him, and NOW he can't break from them or they're after his head. So we have about 12 days left to sit and wait and see how he squirms out of this one........for the love of God
Remove the #$%#$^%#$^$%^#$%^ Cancer PLEASE for all of us just remove him at all costs ASAP NOW remove him.

In all this I keep finding some small bit of solace in the fact that our democracy is still in action and Jan. 20th will arrive and we will have a new President who is an adult.

Okay to cover.