4 string CBG rez and Marshall MS2 amp demo

Started by Pine, January 04, 2021, 11:14:25 AM

Pine

Coolest thing about the amp is being able to have a walkabout while playing with no cords or earbuds/cans on.
Clean channel isn't bad..should have demoed that too. Love the CBG tho. The builder is no longer building.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImGZb9NtpEw
recorder
Boss BR-1200

64Guitars

Cool guitar, Pine. And those mini Marshall amps are cool too. I have the MS-4 which is the big brother of the MS-2. It looks like a miniature Marshall stack.

It sounds just like the MS-2 but it has 2 watts and a Gain control instead of the Overdrive switch. In hindsight, I think the MS-2 is more practical because it's cheaper, smaller, and has a belt clip. On the other hand, the Gain control on the MS-4 is nice because it lets me adjust the amount of distortion.

https://marshall.com/marshall-amps/products/amps/micro-amp

According to the Marshall website, the headphone output on both amps doubles up as a pre amp out. I might try plugging it into the BR to see how it sounds for recording.
recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Greeny

Cool guitar and nice to see you on video! I take one of those little Marshalls on vacation with me as my travel amp. I also have a cigarette pack amp if I want to travel really light, lol. Interesting that your CBG has actual frets. I'd quite like to build up to making one of those, but would need proper tools and a workshop. Maybe when I retire!

Pine

64...Having that gain control is huge. I almost bought the MS-4 just for that reason. As my video shows only too well, the sound of the overdrive is too much..at least for me. Way too crispy. Might better use the clean channel and go through a pedal... but of course then you are tied down, and i bought it solely for outdoor meandering and playing. I'll try your suggestion and see if the line out signal can be tamed a bit. I also have a Vox Mini Rhythm 5 which can run on batteries. With a cordless set up, that's a much better sound and vastly more adjustment... but you need to stay within range...no hooking that on your belt!

Greeny...The guitar is awesome. A really nice build... far better than i could do. The builder built a few hundred and then just dropped out of sight. I've tried to find him to no avail. As for building one yourself with frets, yeah, a woodshop is needed... altho some guys sure get by with minimal tools. I just picked up a 3 string on ebay for $80. Now i have to learn how to play them...but that's a good dementia fighter :-)) They make good blues machines for jammin',as you have so well demonstrated..
recorder
Boss BR-1200

cuthbert

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder