"Medieval Night" - (Original)

Started by Satchwood, June 01, 2009, 09:48:16 AM

Geir

Quote from: Satchwood on June 02, 2009, 04:40:54 PMHey, thanks for listening guys and commenting!!

Some songs from Richie Blackmore's Night actually inspired me to finish this song...

I'm amazed that someone actually picked up on the Blackmore influence...very cool! 
I thought I heard that too !! And the Blackmore influence is also present in Like a Hurricane imho
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Frank53

My first venture into the MicroBR realm. What a tasteful piece of music. Really lives up to the title. Nicely played, and good, open production. Crystal clear. Well done, Satch!
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.

Bus Stetson

truly beautiful!! perfect title somewhere out there is a fair princess plaiting her hair in a white lace dress. wish i wrote this one! awesome! it's so catchy and has strong direction. when you get the lyrics for this. you've struck gold!!:)
We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams. 'William Edgar O'Shaughnessy'.

Bosko Schwartz

You asked for my feedback and opinion, so here goes:

WOW!! :o  First, the guitar sounds are beautiful and the playing sweet and sublime.  You're right, it's very "you" but not you at the same time.  I beg to differ about the shredding -- there is plenty here.  I don't think shredding has to refer only to distorted guitars.  You are still tearing it up, as always.  Love the build-up near the end.  The overall sound is very olde worlde ... something to drink mead to, I would reckon.  I dig it a lot!!!  As for changes/additions, there's not much it needs.  Maybe fix the guitar panned left that seems to be either clipping or peaking.  I personally don't think the programmed drums are necessary, as it does have the medieval feel (hence the name of the song).  Perhaps a melodic bassline would ground it a little, but then again, the sort of "floating" nature of the song is one of its virtues, so it's not necessary.

GREAT WORK, Satch!!! :)
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

Satchwood

Thank you Rockatron - El Satcho appreciates your comments!

Geir you are right, I believe Mr. Blackmore has inspired me more than, sometimes I even realize (maybe even on Quantum Ride as well)! 

Thank you Frank and Bus, I'm glad that you liked it and find it tasteful and catchy!

Thank you Bosko for your kind words and critique!  I almost didn't post this song because it kept pi$$ing me off everytime I heard that clipping or peaking distortion - I wasn't sure if it was my headphones or what.  Everytime I play open string chords where the strings really vibrate, I seem to get this sort of thing - even though the "over" light is not coming on.  So I've been turning down the GTR input sensitivity regardless of whether the light comes on or not.  I tried adding a keyboard bassline to the song, but deleted it - I need to buy a real bass guitar.  I actually had a couple of my personal friends tell me to knock the drums off of this one as well - but I didn't listen - well I'm going to try it out now.  Thanks for your expert analysis Bosko & I'm glad that you liked my guitar work here!

I'm glad you loved it Wiley!  You are really developing into a major muscian here - singer, bass player, & now blues player!

I'm also happy that you were impressed with my change of style 48!  I like playing fast (i know, surprize) but I really want to make music that people like - not just impressive guitar acrobatics.

...nursery rhymes....that's funny...incy wincy spider....lmao Mr T - I almost didn't post this song, because my old friend Jerry (use to play together in bands called Fallen Angel & Raw Meat) - he said that it sounded like the theme song from Guiligan's Island....I still haven't sent him this recording...hmmmm.  I guess people can hear alot of little licks and melodies in this one for some reason - beats me  :D

To everyone, again, thank you for listening and commenting!  I'm actually working on another "mellower" instrumental that I'll post next week or so...

I think if ORH would like to add lyrics to this, I'd be honored - I think his voice would fit the olde worlde charm of this Medieval Night perfectly!!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Saijinn Maas

This is badass!

Gilligan's Island??? Oh, hell no!

To me, it makes me think of sad pirate song. Sea of Sorrow or something like that.

The only nitpick thing I can think of, is that I didn't think the drums "fit" as well as they could have. Not the style, 'cause I loved the feel it gave to the parts, but how they came in... hmm not sure if I am making any sense. :/

Still loved it! ;)

Satchwood

Hey thanks Sai!  I agree about the drums...finally....either I remove them totally or revamp them completely....hmmmmm.....

Sad pirate song....now that's an idea!

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

tafka

if you expect the un-expected does that mean the un-expected is expected?
i was waiting for some satchwood billion notes per second at some interval...but no
it stayed the same ..enchanting.

tafka
and if the sun should fail to rise against my
shoulders one last time...

Satchwood

i unexpectedly did the expected unexpected romp of the unexpected!!  I'll will certainly try to UP the number of notes......my appoliges..... 8)

Thank for listening tafka.....your stuff is flippin GREAT!!!@!@#$$